My Trip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee... I kinda thought you were younger...

attachment_20526.php

Darin, glad you had a great trip. In the second picture I notice a lot of standing timber across the water. Did you cruise the forest at all, and if so what trees/critters did you happen upon?
P.S. MasterBlaster and I helped the other members hold down the fort while you were gone.
John

Yes saw many fish. Eagle Ray, sting ray, Hawksbill turtle, lobster, flounder, grouper, humpback whale. Best assortment of coral and coral colors I have seen. It is strange, the island is sitting on a wall. The wall goes 6,000 feet straight down.
Not a lot of timber since it is a desert island. It has a lot of bush etc. Saw some pine at a hotel, but I don't think it was native. Also, palm trees. Not good if you are looking for a job. Most gets destroyed by front end loaders.

I just went back to see what you might have seen in the second pic. Those are tiny islands in the middle of the cove. Those are not timber piles. The pic is hard to see in the background so I can see that would not be clear.

Darin,
Have you been to other islands in the Caribbean? If so, how would you compare T & C to them? Later, Roger.

Glens, Find another thread to butcher.

RB, It is a lot like aruba. Not much to do other than water sports, not any places to party, just for relaxing. Been to a ton of places in the Carribean and don't care for the real busy places. It is going to get that way unfortunately. Cruise ships start going there in September and they are building all over. If you were going to plan it go for North or Middle Caicos they have only one or two hotels and probably better reefs. It is rated one of the top ten places in the world for diving so it is much different than a lot of islands. It has above average beaches. No surfing here. They use american dollar and you will need a lot of it. Everything is pricey like the rest of the Carribean. They have to pay the import tax somehow because nothing but their own beer is made on the island and even that they have to import some of the ingredients. I bought two cases while I was there for the island beer for 32 bucks a case. The other was about 45 a case so it is quite a rip off there. Taxi's are a rip off too. Not too many comparisons exept aruba except the beach is bigger. Over 12 miles of white sand.

Jennifer,
The beach in T&C looked really nice. I went on my honeymoon to Antigua and have since been to St. Thomas, San Juan, and the Bahamas. St. Thomas was the best place I have been in the Caribbean. I would definitely go back there. Got more pics? Later, Roger.

During my tour of duty,in uncle Sam's navy,I visited a few Caribbean ports .My favorite one was St Croix,also San Juan.Things were not all that pricey then,beautiful scenery,paradise,yes.Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Back