My 'wooding' arsenal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bored so I thought I'd post a pic:

Arsenal_zps1bspg55x.jpg

MS192t/14", 310/20", 361/28", 441/32" Along with Fiskars X27, 10lb sledge, 8/lb maul, Logrite hookeroon, assorted wedges (that all need sharpening due to getting to familiar with the chain, lots as in around 150' of various chains, tow straps, cables, snatch blocks and stuff I have lost in the jumble over the years.

The 361 is carrying a 28" bar now but that will be changed back to the normal 24". The 310 is pretty well superfluous although it is my preferred bucking saw. The 361/20" would do quite well for that and could be changed to the 24 or 28" bar as needed. I should have bought the 441 back when I bought the 361 but back then the cash box couldn't be made to stretch.

Harry K

Harry K

How do you get the rounds out of the truck?
Do you back the truck up to the splitter?

I ask because even though I know they look like crappy bits of kit that won't last a week, I have found the loadhandler product from http://www.loadhandler.com/ to be very useful when backing the truck up to the splitter. Got mine for $20 from someone given it as a gift who thought it was a useless toy. So did I but for $20 it was worth a shot and it really does work well.

How do you get the rounds out of the truck?
Do you back the truck up to the splitter?

I ask because even though I know they look like crappy bits of kit that won't last a week, I have found the loadhandler product from http://www.loadhandler.com/ to be very useful when backing the truck up to the splitter. Got mine for $20 from someone given it as a gift who thought it was a useless toy. So did I but for $20 it was worth a shot and it really does work well.

I stack the rounds and manual split during the off seasons. To unload I use that Logrite hookeroon and a homemade 8' one to pull the rounds to the tailgate. Haven't crawled up into the bed to unload in years :).

I mainly cut wood just for the exercise as I have around a 100 cord already in stock (thinking abouwt selling some). Did have a customer come in today. Bit of a problem. 2 Mexicans, one spoke no English, one only spoke a little. Finally got agreement that what they wanted was wood for a pit barbecue. I sold them a small batch of Black Locust. I know it will last for that job but have no idea about what flavor it will give the meat.

Back