Mycorrhiza

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Who makes the best product for introducing this great fungus to my Ornamental trees and shrubs?

I would also like to find one this is easy to put down on my lawn.

What is the best food for these guys? I have read sea kelp is good, and other oprganics. From my limited knowledge synthetic ferts will kill/diminish this fungus as it is too much N for them to handle.

I switched my newly planted lawn to organic this year and want to introduce these guys to help cut down on my fert applications. I have read that a good healthy population of Mycorrhizae can add up to 1-2lbs of N naturally a year! :rock:

They likely already know each other and need no introduction!

Always quick with the tongue.

What I mean for anyone who wants to nitpick is;

Who makes the best product either liquid, powder or granular for adding Mycorrhizae to my soil, lawn, and ornamental trees. I have crap sand/clay soil and would like to add Mycorrhizae to the soil to reduce my needs for watering and fertilizing.

My co. uses the Plant Health Care Bio Pack, but I would like to know if there is a better product on the market.

I would stick with Plant Health Care Bio Pack, if you already have access to it.

Local product for us

http://www.pogoorganics.com/product2.php

We use this as the basis for brewing our compost tea. Local micro for local trees.
$15 a 1# bag. I brew it overnight and use it at the rate of 1# per 50 gallons water final dilution. The brewing overnight seems to activate the product and a good earthy smell is evident.
I specify either soil inject or soil drench depending on the conditions. I either use the Chem Lance or Chemlawn gun for the apps and keep the pressure low. 4 gals/min for the soil drench/gun or 6 0z per site for the lance. This gets me about 12.5 gals mix per 1000 sq ft of CRZ

A tea is probably the best, but is more difficult to make, especially if using it on a smaller scale. I would recomend some type of granular. I believe soil injection is the best method to reach tree roots, soil drench for the grass.

Bio Pak is good for stuff being moved. I used it and moved some trees and they are sitting in mulch just fine. Fibrous roots were made. One more time and I will be certain. A good 0-0-20 will be good for this time of year.

Latest posts

Back