Mystery Jonsered Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taplinhill

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Does anyone know what model this is?

attachment.php

attachment.php

its looks kinda like a 670, but with a sloped back... idk much about Jonsereds. I guess it looks like any one of 6xx's.

Last edited:
Looks alot like my 625 and 630 but the decomp is new to me on that size and vintage saw . How big is it size wise,like a 625-670 series or bigger ?

My guess is that it's a 181/281/288 that someone made into a Jonsereds equivalent. That crankcase is identical to a 181/281/288 and that longer clutch cover and starter are
both indicative of a bigger saw.

My guess is that it's a 181/281/288 that someone made into a Jonsereds equivalent. That crankcase is identical to a 181/281/288 and that longer clutch cover and starter are
both indicative of a bigger saw.

Thank you...I don't know much about Jreds, so I just kept quiet. But my first impression was that it was one-off 288.

I haven't seen Bob around for some time... actually I heard a story from a former Jonsereds distributor here that there was a model they were developing between
the 930 Super and the 2094, but there was a number of management changes at the time and the idea was dropped. That is one cool looking saw...

I haven't seen Bob around for some time... actually I heard a story from a former Jonsereds distributor here that there was a model they were developing between
the 930 Super and the 2094, but there was a number of management changes at the time and the idea was dropped. That is one cool looking saw...

He is around, but he dosn't post a lot - I believe he is a bit busy....

Chain brake and decomp don't jive with a 6xx saw.

Fuel cap and top cover came from a husky.

Back