Name that cylinder and piston. What does it fit.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modder

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought some parts from a bankruptcy deal and was wondering if anyone could ID this P&C. I know its for a husqvarna and its approx. 55-57cc. In this deal I also got 3 new OEM 357xp P&C kits and the piston in the kit I'm trying to ID is the same piston except this one has a smaller wrist pin. All parts say MAHLE on them, the base has a part # 5031826. The piston has 46L21+ and K051 on the inside of the skirts. The cylinder says 46ZD6, is open port and is threaded as to bolt on from the bottom like some saws I've had in the past but unlike any I now own. Any Ideas.

I was thinking Jonsered 2054 (53.2cc, 46mm bore), but found no confirmation.

Well if you can find models with a riser block you could find the model faster. Looks like a 55 top end but I don't recall the riser block.

I think Niko is right on the 2054. It's definitely not a Husqvarna cylinder with that intake port. The intake uses the larger clamp-on rubber boot.

Just double checked and I'm agreeing here it's the 2054. There is no Husqvarna equivalent so you're limited to what it'll go on. I've never seen a 2054 in person but looks like they were fairly popular..

I think Niko is right on the 2054. It's definitely not a Husqvarna cylinder with that intake port. The intake uses the larger clamp-on rubber boot.

The only Husky to use a bearing cover/"riser block"/cylinder base like that was the 350, and that obviously isn't the answer. Several Jonsereds used it though, long before the 350 appeared - but not many of them are 46 mm and open port.....

The only Husky to use a bearing cover/"riser block"/cylinder base like that was the 350, and that obviously isn't the answer. Several Jonsereds used it though, long before the 350 appeared - but not many of them are 46 mm and open port.....

:clap:SawTroll close but no cigar, its for a Jonsered 2055 (46mm bore) 2054 (44mm bore), you are also correct it is not even in the same game as a 254XP.
:givebeer:

:clap:SawTroll close but no cigar, its for a Jonsered 2055 (46mm bore) 2054 (44mm bore), you are also correct it is not even in the same game as a 254XP.
:givebeer:

I don't think that it is a 2055. I ported a few of those years ago and I am sure that they all had a closed port cylinder.

Later
Dan

Should have a place to screw a spring mount into clutch side of head for a 2054/55 if I remember correctly. Bore and ports are right for a 2054 however.

I don't think that it is a 2055. I ported a few of those years ago and I am sure that they all had a closed port cylinder.

Later
Dan

Dan is right without a doubt 2054
I have a new 2055 p&c closed port for sure.

Dan how did you like these saws. Seem like a pain to take down but. Great potential.

Dan is right without a doubt 2054
I have a new 2055 p&c closed port for sure.

Dan how did you like these saws. Seem like a pain to take down but. Great potential.

I was never impressed with the 2054 but the 2055 is a whole new ball game. In stock form they will run with a stock 357 Husky, port both of them and there still is very little difference between them..

Later
Dan

still not sure.

Thanks for the replies. I've had a few 2054 saws and don't remember any of them having a decompression valve. This cylinder has the port for one to screw in. It does have a threaded hole for the spring mount on the clutch side. I have never had a 2055 so I dont know what the cylinders look like. I also know its not a 55 husky because they bolt from the top, not the bottom. It does make sense to say its a Jonsered because some that I have owned, bolted from the bottom. They were all 20XX models but none had a square intake. :confused:

Thanks for the replies. I've had a few 2054 saws and don't remember any of them having a decompression valve. This cylinder has the port for one to screw in. It does have a threaded hole for the spring mount on the clutch side. I have never had a 2055 so I dont know what the cylinders look like. I also know its not a 55 husky because they bolt from the top, not the bottom. It does make sense to say its a Jonsered because some that I have owned, bolted from the bottom. They were all 20XX models but none had a square intake. :confused:

I'm gonna have to go look at my 2055 cause it doesn't have a decomp. It'll be in the AM. No lights in the barn yet.

well
that 2051 doesn't have a decomp
the 2054 cylinders I have do have one
and the 2055 that is on the right does not have one.
the porting on the 2054 looks an awful lot like the h 257 fwiw

bud that is a 2054 no doubt about it!

David

well
that 2051 doesn't have a decomp
the 2054 cylinders I have do have one
and the 2055 that is on the right does not have one.
the porting on the 2054 looks an awful lot like the h 257 fwiw

bud that is a 2054 no doubt about it!

David

Yup, it sure does look like that 2054 you have on the left. Anyone know how much I should try to sell it for? I don't have a ring or wrist pin bearing with it. I guess if I can't get enough for it, I'll just wait until another one falls in my lap.

Back