Natures Comfort can someone post pic's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkfc255

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys can you guys post some pics of your natures comfort at idle and running. I went and looked at one and loved it but he did not have one running. He heats with a johnson. Just would like to see how much somke yours puts out. he said not a lot. but with these so called laws coming up in new york. just want to make sure the neighbors cant complain. and has anyone used coal?

I have one. Doesnt smoke too bad. All depends on the wood you put in and how far down you let the fire get before adding wood. Ill try to snap a shot.

The Natures comfort design is similar to Shaver,which they basically copied,and improved.Smoke is more a function of how wet the wood is,and how often the OWB cycles.With good dry wood,my Shaver only smokes for about 30 seconds when the fan comes on,and about a minute it will smoke white when the fan shuts down,and the damper fully closes.You should expect the same,and a tiny trickle of smoke occasionally when at idle.
If you have neighbors close enough to worry about the smoke,you may want to consider an EPA model,the NC arent that cheap,so upgrading to an EPA stove wont hurt that bad.Either way you go,if smoke is a concern you need to plan ahead and build a wood shed next too/over or near the OWB and keep the wood dry and up on some old pallets and you will be fine.Dry wood will reduce your stress levels big time,wet logs,esp if they sat on the ground, can cause the fire to burn out around the wet wood,and you will lose your fire and water temps.

I have NCB-175 agree with fishhead all depends on wood you use and how low you let burn down. I have tried coal. Really smokes when you use coal.
Will try to take some pictures and post if I can figure out how to post them.

Well guys it has been a while since i have been able to check the site. between getting a bunch of free pine to use for myowb when i get it . and grass and brush fires i have not been able to check. So what you are telling me is keep it well stocked with wood dont let it burn down to low. If you guys can still post some pics i would like that but if you cant its alright. thanks

Well guys it has been a while since i have been able to check the site. between getting a bunch of free pine to use for myowb when i get it . and grass and brush fires i have not been able to check. So what you are telling me is keep it well stocked with wood dont let it burn down to low. If you guys can still post some pics i would like that but if you cant its alright. thanks

Tried to post pics with no success. Anyway if wood is dry not as much smoke. Wet wood a lot of smoke, dry wood less smoke. Always smokes when you load. You actually get less smoke after wood has burned down some and you only have a large pile of coals inside, if all this makes sense.
If I were concerned about neighbors I would figure extending stack as shown in NCB manual. You can down load from their web sight

Back