• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Need 372xp parts....2009 model

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khntr85

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello gentleman....well I finally got me a husky....I have a 372xp(2009 model).....ok this saw is locked up tighter than I have ever seen....the piston is basically melted to the cylinder....I just got the saw last night, and I am soaking it to try and loosen it up (I am assuming the cylinder is shot)...the flywheel will not move at all....I don't know if it's rusted from sitting, or they locked up from the extreme lean siez/straight gas....other than that the saw looks in good shape lol...

So anyway guys I will need everything as far as the engine goes crank, bearing, seals, piston, and cylinder.....I also need a carb and the intake manifold bolts.....I think I have everything else.....if anyone has these parts new or used please let me know....

Now I haven't had time to split the case yet, I am just trying to get an idea of what's out there...this is my FIRST husky I have ever owned or worked on....I have only rebuilt Stihls....I am excited about this saw and have wanted one for a long time....with that said I would like to go OEM so I am getting a good example of what this saw can do....i will definitely be keeping this saw, it is not a saw I am going to sell...

If any of you guys are husky dealers and ship parts please let me know, we have ZERO dealers local to me....

Sorry for the long post guys, any help is much appreciated....I am including a pic of my box-o-372xp....thanks a lot Kyle!!!!
IMG_2340.PNG

@spike60

contact spike60 for a new P&C ... he likely has whatever else you need too
Thank you.....this being my first husky, I didn't know if I should use AM parts....and I don't know if anyone has had luck with the AM cranks or not??

Also a site sponsor HLSupply is having AM kit for $52.93 today
http://www.hlsproparts.com/mobile/product.aspx?ProductCode=CP30372
c8a444b18d43913ae283c42fee04c4ea.jpg

That's an X-Torq kit which is different than what you have. You just need a regular 372 top end (assuming your cylinder can't be saved).

Are you sure you need a new crank?
I am assuming the crank is bad since it won't budge and I can see some rust on the crank....if it is indeed bad, this project will be "shelved" until I find some parts, got a lot of other to do, but this would be my personal saw

Most stuck cylinder I ever had was a plastic bearing that came apart and part of it got wedged between the piston and cylinder wall. I had to pry the top end off, and the piston was toast, but the cylinder was perfectly fine.

Do yourself a favor. ..call spike60. ...he will know what you need.

I use am stuff all the time...some stuff works well ..some stuff doesnt. The oem cylinder kits aren't lots pricier than the better am stuff.

Check my youtube channel for bolt for bolt rebuilds....in case u need a hand with the 372. Also...check out hl supply stuff....use the link in my sig in case you decide to buy am stuff.

That's an X-Torq kit which is different than what you have. You just need a regular 372 top end (assuming your cylinder can't be saved).

Are you sure you need a new crank?
I didnt even realise that when I sent it. I got that email today and saw the post and fired it off before seeing the x-torq. Sorry. But as for HLSupply they are very good. But as also mentioned Spike60 being the pro when it comes to Husky parts.

Do yourself a favor. ..call spike60. ...he will know what you need.

I use am stuff all the time...some stuff works well ..some stuff doesnt. The oem cylinder kits aren't lots pricier than the better am stuff.

Check my youtube channel for bolt for bolt rebuilds....in case u need a hand with the 372. Also...check out hl supply stuff....use the link in my sig in case you decide to buy am stuff.
Hey thanks, and also I have seen you videos a lot, they are very nice, well done!!!

I have rebuilt a lot Stihl saws....I Rebuild and sell the clamshells, I have lots of parts for Stihl saws, but zero husky stuff....

I have had good luck with aftermarket stuff on the clamshells...when it comes to pro saws I usually always use OEM parts, there are a few exceptions.....

I still haven't even had a chance to split the case yet, I will get with spike60 as soon as I do!!!

I didnt even realise that when I sent it. I got that email today and saw the post and fired it off before seeing the x-torq. Sorry. But as for HLSupply they are very good. But as also mentioned Spike60 being the pro when it comes to Husky parts.
No worries appreciate your help!!!

Do you guys feel that this saw would definitely be worth rebuilding if I needed a crank piston and cylinder, of course bearings and seals...

Do you guys feel that this saw would definitely be worth rebuilding if I needed a crank piston and cylinder, of course bearings and seals...

Yes...most definitely. IMO, stock the 372 is the most usable saw I have..handles like a 60cc and has the power to punch above its weight class. Get it ported and it'll be the best saw you own. Three years ago I was in roughly the same boat you are now. I had a 371/372 with a scored cylinder and loose bottom end. I wrestled with what to do and eventually decided to go oem. Then I went nuts and sent it off to be ported....saw wise, the two best decisions I've made. Out of 10 saws, it's the first one I grab and the last one I put down. My 371/372 might be my favorite tool period. Great advice on here from people who really know what they're talking about (not me) and who are willing to share their knowledge...use them to your advantage. Good luck and enjoy that saw. I cut with mine yesterday and I'm still smiling.
(Thanks @tlandrum)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes...most definitely. IMO, stock the 372 is the most usable saw I have..handles like a 60cc and has the power to punch above its weight class. Get it ported and it'll be the best saw you own. Three years ago I was in roughly the same boat you are now. I had a 371/372 with a scored cylinder and loose bottom end. I wrestled with what to do and eventually decided to go oem. Then I went nuts and sent it off to be ported....saw wise, the two best decisions I've made. Out of 10 saws, it's the first one I grab and the last one I put down. My 371/372 might be my favorite tool period. Great advice on here from people who really know what they're talking about (not me) and who are willing to share their knowledge...use them to your advantage. Good luck and enjoy that saw. I cut with mine yesterday and I'm still smiling.
(Thanks @tlandrum)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey thanks a lot....how much did you end up spending on everything.....

Ya the guy I got it from says I will love it....I have a 461 and I love it, but he said I will like the 372 just as much....

I just have so many projects and not enough time it gets overwhelming lol...I just need to break her down and get some prices....would be nice to find a good used crank and cylinder...

bottom end looks pretty clean and not seen much use. i have saws with with not much time on them that look way more beat lol. in the pic the jug is lose. impossible to diagnose without more info but i'll throw out a guess. i bet the cranks fine and something either got in there or perhaps the clutch and drum are somehow locked with the brake on. the brake lever in the pic is forward so that could be. if the jug is seized enough where you have to use any force to get it off you will likely ruin it but you gotta do what you gotta do as some can't be saved. just be careful not to snap the rod trying to get it off there as i've seen many do that too! if it really is seized bad like some water got in there then a crank and top end will be in order. looks pretty good shape though and i've received saws matching the description that were running an hour later with no parts lol

Latest posts

Back