Need a descender for rappelling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that would be 27 years if I did it once a day every single day including weekends and holidays, anyone saying they have rappelled out of a tree on a bull rope 10 thousand times is full of ****
Nope, never rappelled out of a bullrope, always had my lifeline with me, that's the point. And your math is off if you only climb one tree a day.

And your math is off if you only climb one tree a day.
rappel out on a bull rope once a day, never once did I mention how many trees I climb in a day
most days we dont climb, some days we climb 20-30 trees
you are just a grumpy old man that has nothing better to do that make stuff up to sound better, its really not helping you

rappel out on a bull rope once a day, never once did I mention how many trees I climb in a day
most days we dont climb, some days we climb 20-30 trees
you are just a grumpy old man that has nothing better to do that make stuff up to sound better, its really not helping you
Hey, it's your life, climb without a lifeline.

Well, I cut my hand once while aloft in the 1970's and was sure glad I had a climbing line on in order to come down.
My bull rope still works as one... yall are caught up on the name but not the fact it's still a rope

It's no different than when I rappel out on my drenaline SRT, just a different color

Yes I've had to come out of a tree quickly due to cuts, bees, and lightning, I've got a way that works for me

My bull rope still works as one... yall are caught up on the name but not the fact it's still a rope

It's no different than when I rappel out on my drenaline SRT, just a different color

Yes I've had to come out of a tree quickly due to cuts, bees, and lightning, I've got a way that works for me
Yes as long as you have a rope with you .

0A777562-8D86-4566-B504-1D20ECABF4A8.jpeg
I went to ace and they had climbing gear? The carabiner I got for 11 dollars because they didn’t have a price on it or something idk I got lucky on that I told him I could put it back but I think he was annoyed bc nothing had a price on it and he insisted I take it. He said it cost 60 lolol. They didn’t have a figure eight with ears so I got what I got. Didn’t even go there for the climbing stuff I just needed depth gauges

Exactly

I know, not supposed to climb on rigging line, however, I'm pretty sure my 200 pou ds with gear ain't gonna break it

You've repeated yourself a half dozen times.

Nobody cares that you make light of accepted safety protocols.

OSHA will though if you are known to let employees do likewise and someone gets hurt.

That won't work if you are trying to delete the first comment in a thread. I suspect that was his intention.
Also, I think some members have a limited ability to delete a post. Some members seem to be unable to even edit, and no one but AS team members can delete a post after a certain age. If you want better descriptions about who can do what to a post, that will take a private message to the administration, 'cause I don't know.

Moderation is unlikely to delete a whole thread, as that would be tossing other member's content away.

That won't work if you are trying to delete the first comment in a thread. I suspect that was his intention.
Also, I think some members have a limited ability to delete a post. Some members seem to be unable to even edit, and no one but AS team members can delete a post after a certain age. If you want better descriptions about who can do what to a post, that will take a private message to the administration, 'cause I don't know.

Moderation is unlikely to delete a whole thread, as that would be tossing other member's content away.
Idk on mobile I have no real options to just delete a post but if I just backspace it goes back to how it was basically

Back