need a Husky 154 jug and slug

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikko

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, looks like my crank seals went and I've scored the cylinder on my little firewood saw (154). It's not worth buying a new piston and barrel for it, but if there's a decent used one out there I'd like to put this thing back on the road.

Any one know for sure if a 254 set will fit? And if so, how about a 257 (or 357?) set??

Thanks
Nikko

A 254 set sure will fit, and a 257 one as will - but will mean a drop in power.

A 357xp kit sure will not fit - totally differnt saw.......

262 kit? Is that truly an option with this saw??

Nikko

Possibly, but it will involve more than just changing the P&C.

The topic has been up here a few years ago, but I don't remember the details.......

Maybe Spike can shed some light.....

Romeo is real familiar with these saws also- something about the connecting rod on the 254 sitting a bit taller in the case, so you'd have to use a thick base gasket with a 262 cylinder or something to that effect.

Romeo is real familiar with these saws also- something about the connecting rod on the 254 sitting a bit taller in the case, so you'd have to use a thick base gasket with a 262 cylinder or something to that effect.

I believe he may need a higher top cover as well, and maybe a carb with more capasity (consult the IPLs)......:confused:

I'm thinking a 254 jug and slug too - this is a user saw, not a toy.

So - anyone have a 154 or 254 barrel and piston they want to part with?

Nikko

yeah - but there's 4 cords of wood in the shed(s) thanks to that saw. Pretty tough to complain..

Nikko

Back