Need a little help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lagrue

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This is not really fire wood related, but I imagine some of you guys could help me find what I am looking for.

I am wanting a mulitiplier gearbox for my 540 PTO shaft in my tractor. I am using this to run a PTO driven generator. In order to run this thing off my PTO shaft @ 540 rpm, I am turning 2600 engine rpms and buring way to much fuel. I search for pto multiplier but didnt find any sources.

Any one know where I can find some of these?

Might try over at tractorbynet

How many horse tractor? How large is the generator?
You might not have enough umph to gear it up by too much?

Some grey market tractors from Asia were running 2000rpm PTO's, and reducers were made to use American 540rpm implements on them. Some mid- mount PTO's on compacts run a 2000rpm pto for the belly mowers and people hooking up front mounted snowblowers needed reducers to run a their 540 blowers. My point is for a generator with minimum torque requirements you could reverse a reducer to increase rpm's. TBN would be able to help, this is all cat 1 stuff, or add a pulley system to the generator to reduce the rpm requirements of the tractor

Last edited:
Back