Need a smaller stove with big punch!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinnykid02

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Wrote this on ********** also and I am trying to get some more opinions.

I have a small quadrafire that is doing good for us but I CANNOT get anything close to an all night burn since the fire box ix so small. I am looking to get a stove with a bigger fire box but want to keep the over all size of the stove as small as possible.

The stove will be kitty cornered in my family room and do not want to take up a huge area of the room for a stove.

I would like a stove that can give me close to or an all night burn.
A lower would be a must and looks are somewhat important.

I have looked online at all the major stoves and some of the dimensions just confuse me and alot of the makers don't list fire box sizes.

Any opinions and advice is welcomed!!

thanks!!!

I think you will find that the inside size of a wood stove is directly proportional to its outside size.:)

You took the words out of my mouth.

If you want a big firebox, you have to have a big stove. That being said, though, there are some stoves that are more efficient than others, so a smaller load of wood lasts longer. I have a Harman TL300 and if I load it full at ~10:00, it will still have a good bed of coals at 4:30 when I get up (assuming I load it with oak). I could probably have more coals left if I cranked the air down to minimum, but then it smokes and that's both inefficient and can build up creosote in the chimney.

I have a Napoleon 1900 and it is awesome for overnight heat and appearance. I too have it in a corner and it works well there. Depending on the area you want to heat maybe you can get by with the 1400, but it is basically the same size, but the 1900 takes longer logs.

You might want to look into soapstone stoves as well. They don't necessarily give you a longer burn but the stove itself continues to radiate heat for a longer period of time. There are some very attractive stoves out there in this category as well.

I have Vermont castings defiant encore. It's a smaller stove that holds a fire very well.

Latest posts

Back