Need advice-hung up tree removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not an arborist, but I would bet an arborists fee I could get this down in an hour, my feet never leaving the ground.
attachment.php

i'll take that bet with a homeowner pos pole saw like that. double the bet saying you pinch that thing too.

i love you guys trying to defend each other. listen, you may not be complete idiots all the time but when you start using ladders and chainsaws and doing some of these suggestions you offer each other someone is going to get hurt.

anyone of of you guys ever finish a tree job that the homeowner has killed himself attempting to do on their own?

my question for the op is why post a how to question relating to treework in the firewood pile of this site. its called arboristsite not firewoodsite. none of these guys are going to be able to give you the right answer.

i'll take that bet with a homeowner pos pole saw like that. double the bet saying you pinch that thing too.

i love you guys trying to defend each other. listen, you may not be complete idiots all the time but when you start using ladders and chainsaws and doing some of these suggestions you offer each other someone is going to get hurt.

anyone of of you guys ever finish a tree job that the homeowner has killed himself attempting to do on their own?

my question for the op is why post a how to question relating to treework in the firewood pile of this site. its called arboristsite not firewoodsite. none of these guys are going to be able to give you the right answer.

Lol you have gave advise of your own "climb the tree and 3 cuts on the high side" Simple but advice non the less....You meen well I can see that, but a cable and big Cat would do this job with out any saw or risk at all...I would bet it took lees time to do the tree than this threade! Mini exagavtors 179.00 for the weekend. Thats not what I would do but the safest way to do it even if your a climber.

OK! I'm back to pile on, kiss my azz lol.

Everyone that loves to rub one out to a chainsaw collection would be in this business if they could handle it :laugh:

There you go

Last edited:

second cut i would cut up, from underneath, relying on the afforementioned split limb to let the rest of the tree down. I love you " So called professionals" denigrating people who dare to do for themselves, what you do for money.
Feeling unneeded and unloved are we, mr. oldirty? The only " tree professional" I've seen quoted my elderly father a price, sent a bunch of illegals with chainsaws, the cherry picker and chipper drove by, so they drove through the yard also, (did no work, just drove through) , and then the ********** sent him a bill for 3x the estimate. "Buh,buh,man lift, buh ,buh chipper, " And of course" but your insurance". But the drama of"anyone of of you guys ever finish a tree job that the homeowner has killed himself attempting to do on their own?" sure makes for some good beer goggle stories down at the "Dew Drop Inn"

Uhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhh, I'm telling Ma'!

Well Oldirty, if this is the retard wood cutter forum what is a well learned, well traveled Rhodes Scholar like yourself doing here? I'd hate for US morons to lower your IQ just by being in our presence.

Go kick rocks. JJuday

OK I've been watching this thread with great anxiety. I have one question for the "yes- ladder" group...would the tree be cut out faster with a Husqvarna or a Stihl. I'm seeing this "yes-ladder" ..."no freaking way- ladder" thing as a HUsky minded argument. Surely anyone with a sound mind and a Tractor would never use a ladder and a Husky....:chainsaw::chainsaw:

Game on...:clap:

Oh and the one about the "homeowner pruner" that was cute too. You guys are great fun !!!

Wow! That took an unexpected turn for the worse.:confused:

AH come on and have some fun don't be a stick in the mud. Lots of folks on here love their saws more than their wive's thighs. Kinda makes me sick at times

Last edited:
I hope some of you self proclaimed pros use a taxi to get around, wouldn't want you risking your life without a professional behind the wheel. Come on do you really think this is that dangerous of a tree? The guy is asking for advice before he starts and maybe just maybe he is trying to build a rep here by asking a few questions here and there and fitting in. No wonder a bunch of us hardly ever post. I have pics and methods that I would love to share with people here but maybe it just isn't worth it. Does this site have a Professional Firewood forum these pros can go to? :greenchainsaw:

I hope some of you self proclaimed pros use a taxi to get around, wouldn't want you risking your life without a professional behind the wheel. Come on do you really think this is that dangerous of a tree? The guy is asking for advice before he starts and maybe just maybe he is trying to build a rep here by asking a few questions here and there and fitting in. No wonder a bunch of us hardly ever post. I have pics and methods that I would love to share with people here but maybe it just isn't worth it. Does this site have a Professional Firewood forum these pros can go to? :greenchainsaw:

That was kind of my point, yawn.....not that scary, but everyone wants to make a mountain out of a mole hill and be wankers. I just pile on cause' I can't believe people get their panties bunched up so easily. WOW indeed

Where is the OP? Oh, did you scare off another one?

No, I'm still here. Went away for the weekend and wasn't near a computer.

Anyway, thanks to all that responded. A lot of good ideas and possibly a few shaky ones. Two things I'm not going to do is climb up the tree and cut it or try to cut from a ladder. To those that cut from a ladder, all the power to you but that ain't for me.

Right now I like the idea of renting a pole saw, cutting just above the hang up, then cutting the left fork, then trying to pull it out with my 4WD pickup to get the rest of it on the ground.

No, I'm still here. Went away for the weekend and wasn't near a computer.

Anyway, thanks to all that responded. A lot of good ideas and possibly a few shaky ones. Two things I'm not going to do is climb up the tree and cut it or try to cut from a ladder. To those that cut from a ladder, all the power to you but that ain't for me.

Right now I like the idea of renting a pole saw, cutting just above the hang up, then cutting the left fork, then trying to pull it out with my 4WD pickup to get the rest of it on the ground.

Sounds like a good plan. Please make sure to cut with a friend or family member. Two set of eyes are better than one. Good luck, let us know how it turns out. JJuday

When someones personal knowledge is lacking, they gather information to help them make the decision. Here at Arboristsite, there are idiots like myself who only give silly answers, and there are divine immortals like Olddirty who have infinate knowledge of everything. The rest give advice according to their own personal knowledge, experience and training.

The OP is not so stupid as to take the first piece of advice that comes along - he listens to it all and decides what's best for himself to do, and he does it. Sheesh, some of you act like it's a felony to give advice unless it matches exactly with your own.

When someones personal knowledge is lacking, they gather information to help them make the decision. Here at Arboristsite, there are idiots like myself who only give silly answers, and there are divine immortals like Olddirty who have infinate knowledge of everything. The rest give advice according to their own personal knowledge, experience and training.

The OP is not so stupid as to take the first piece of advice that comes along - he listens to it all and decides what's best for himself to do, and he does it. Sheesh, some of you act like it's a felony to give advice unless it matches exactly with your own.

Point well taken. As for Oldirty being as you say a "divine immortal", you are overdoing it. At best he's just another hairless primate like the rest of us trying to figure out the best approach to this job by way of a few pictures. No matter how good the pictures are and no matter how many of them get posted it's still anyone's guess.

I lump infinite knowledge, undisputed truths, and absolute certainty into the same pile, pile 13. I hope no one here thinks they are too good for an accident.

Unck, you're main point is spot on. JJuday

I'd be happy to have at that tree! But nooooooo, I gotta get them out of the swamp! JJuday

Mine come with houses garages and fences driveways sidewalks car trucks you name it where trying to avoid it. Wish some one would call with one like that....Never happens though!

Latest posts

Back