Need Advice Regarding Global Hydronics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ford5farms

Reaction score
I'm new to this site but have found some useful info so far, along with respecting some responses other long time users have posted.

Here's my issue...
We have a GH 1000 and have had no problems for 3 years, then ... drip, drip, sploush...
In a nutshell, it has a huge leak and we have been back and forth with Global Hydronics to honor their warranty. Has anyone had similar problems and what has the outcome generally been? Thanks so much for any advice, I really appreciate it!!

That sucks! I bought a 1 year old display model Hawkin last summer from a local dealer, but inside the door it says Global Hydronics. What brand is yours? Does it say Global Hydronics on the outside? Also, is it the model where the fire box and water jaket are both stainless. I think they made the wood doctor brand also, but only the fire box was stainless not the water jacket.

Do a yahoo search, and also this sites search for "My leaky wood doctor" There is a guy in canada who's done battle with them on a leaky boiler. Wood doctor is made by GH.

The old Hawken stoves are labeled "Global Hydronics." I know there is a connection between the two companies, but I do not know what it is.

Sorry to hear about your luck. I most certainly am a little worried since I just purchased a Hawken Energy last fall. The reason I clicked on this thread is Hawken just called me on Monday and left a message saying they need my mailing address (we don't get mail where the burner is located) for "important changes to my warranty." I didn't think a company could change the warranty after the ink on the contract dried.

I've been heating with a stainless global hydronic unit that was bought for scrap off the dealers back lot. I think it went bad when it was a couple years old and there was an even newer unit there that also leaked. If yours is leaking there's a good chance there are more leaks that aren't showing yet. I had a welder touch up a LOT of pitted spots on the firebox before wrapping it with 300' of 3/4" copper tubing. The water jacket was then replaced and filled with pea gravel instead of water. I would stay away from stainless boilers given the choice. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

A bit of history is that Global made Hawken Energy and Wood Doctor. Hawken has since "split" with Global due to, we will say "defects and customer service issues". A rep that we called from Hawken (at the time we did not know that all reps in our area have stopped selling and repairing Global units) stated that they no longer deal with Global Hydronics and we would have to call them directly. Ours does say Global, otherwise from what I understand Hawken has been pretty good about repairing their units. Ours has so many leaks that it is basically just a fire supression unit. Thanks for all the input though, I really appreciate it.

Seems Arthur will not discuss the warranty

Re: Truth about Wood Doctor by president
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 05:32:55 PM »
arthur, i was trying to look up some infor about yor 30 year warranty on the wood doctor site, i can find none? why is that. would you care to elaberate on the warranty. it says 30 years on the boiler plate, does that mean on the welds also? do you warranty no leaks in the complete stove for 30 years or is this warranty also pro rated and if so at what percent and nubmer of years for each percent?

i wish each of the dealers for different models of stoves would come on the forum pertaining to their stove and state the true warranty facts of their stoves. It appears that most (if not all) manufacturers seem to word their warranties with loop holes that let them out of repairs. I knew a fellow that had a pacific western, seam in water jacket let loose in year 2, his warranty after fighting for a month was they supplied a patch (a piece of 1/8 plate and he had to pay me to weld it on teh stove. I would say that warranty was worthless.

arthur i am not bashing you but giving you a chance to be the first owner to truthfully spell out your warranty for everyone to see and if you are willing to do this i would challenge all the rest of the owners or agents of your compatition to come forth and do the same. there are many folks who are looking for info coming to this site and there are many horror stories of false warranty claims, give those looking for info before purchasing an OWB some truthful info on the warranty they would get if a problem arose with your product. all it would take to get this rolling would be 1 honest owner. arthur, is that you?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 05:34:42 PM by willieG » Report to moderator Logged
home made OWB (2001)
Ontario Canada

Latest posts

Back