Need Answer From You Timber Buyers...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipmaker29

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello,

By mine own admission, I know little about timber buying and what certain species are worth. I know the market is not good for timber right now, across the board. Walnut is the only thing really selling in our are right now.

Does anyone know what the value of Persimmon trees are? I was told they use it to make high quality golf clubs and i have 12 Persimmon trees on my property. Out of them all, the largest i have is about 56" around at the base. What is the market value of these trees?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

By mine own admission, I know little about timber buying and what certain species are worth. I know the market is not good for timber right now, across the board. Walnut is the only thing really selling in our are right now.

Does anyone know what the value of Persimmon trees are? I was told they use it to make high quality golf clubs and i have 12 Persimmon trees on my property. Out of them all, the largest i have is about 56" around at the base. What is the market value of these trees?

Thanks in advance!

And just what are you getting for Walnut?????

Hello,

Thanks in advance!

Make sure you find someone who does know the value that'll look out for you cause I definately heard the stories of the $12-15000 persimmons getting stolen in the night back when they were en vogue for the golf clubs, and I doubt they were 56 inchers.

I was thinking about it, gotta be circumference. Makes it about 20" dbh. And just one tree. I'd leave it standing. Great trees.

thanks for the replys...the 56" figure is measured at the base of the tree. prolly 25 ft tall or so.

ya i know that most clubs are made of metal these days but there is still a market for high quality wood drivers. they are quite costly but like i said i was just wondering because i had been told they are valuable.

thanks for the help and i am gonna leave 'em standing right where they are. i got starts that are 5ft plus and they are nice trees.

Back