Need Help From People in Arizona, New Mexico, West Texas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mspropst

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been trying to track down a harder to find Oak species - Mexican Blue Oak. Basically the nurseries here in Texas all carry Live Oak and a random, very small spattering of other oak species (not even most of the native ones either). I've tracked down a few places that "sometimes" have this one, but pretty much unavailable

I'm looking for someone who can help me find either a bag of Mexican Blue Oak acorns or saplings. Obviously will pay shipping. Anyone able to help?

Texas Tree Planting Guide - Texas A&M Forest Service

IMG_5923.PNG

Thanks,

Hello Mspropst:

You might give these folks a call (Trees That Please). I drive by their place frequently and it’s an active yard. I looked through their website and didn’t see Mexican Blue Oak listed, but they might be able to direct you.

Howard
Thanks for the help Howard. I will reach out to them. Even if someone could ship me a bag of acorns I'd get myself a little sapling forest up and running.

Hello Mspropst:

You might give these folks a call (Trees That Please). I drive by their place frequently and it’s an active yard. I looked through their website and didn’t see Mexican Blue Oak listed, but they might be able to direct you.

Howard
Make a trip to Big Bend. It grows there, the Chisos Mountains and in the Davis Mountains.

Back