Need Help- Pioneer 620(S?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legeance

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So a few months ago I saw a Pioneer 620S(I think its a super because it has a brown top cover) on ebay that was seized and being a lover of old cool looking saws I bought it. I think I paid like $50 for the saw and shipping all the way from Canada. When it arrived the engine was in fact seized so I just hung it up on the wall in my garage and ever since its been like a kinda cool conversation piece. Well today I got really bored and I decided to see if I could get the thing to run so I took it down and tore it apart. I took the head off the cylinder since on this saw its not a one piece jug and sprayed some penetrating oil down the cylinder. I let it sit for a few minutes and gave it a tap with a large screwdriver handle and spun the flywheel a little and it slightly moved. So after I kept doing that for a little while it finally broke loose and the cylinder is actually in really good shape with no rust rings or anything and it looks like a low hour saw. put it all back together and pulled the carb to clean it. I saw that the throttle was completely seized shut so I did what I did with the piston and got it moving again but when I put it back on the saw it acts like it has no return spring and stays at WOT and on a chainsaw thats not gonna work. Needless to say I poured gas in the cylinder and got it to pop off and the saw sounds decent. So my questions are....

What can I do about the throttle? I took the whole throttle assembly off the carb and cleaned it and put it back in and it still does the same thing and yes the spring is on there and connected. So if I need to buy a new carb what other carbs will work or what carb is on there.(if anyone has one let me know) Also, when taking the carb off I managed to take the whole stud out on one side and cant get it to fully go back in even doing the double nut trick so if anyone has any advice on that let me know. And I'm searching for other little parts for this saw so if anyone has a parts saw or any parts let me know.

So I just looked on the models page for both and apparently the super 620 and regular 620 both have brown tops and the only difference is the carb. If theres any other way of telling let me know.

Carb, clutch side cover(dont know what its called but mine is cracked real), the thin metal piece that goes under the top cover and just sits on the top of the jug. I also need a gasket set but I'm gonna assume you dont have any and I'm gonna have to make some. Thanks for the reply I was hoping to buy another saw and make one good one but nobody is selling them on ebay.

Oh and are the 600-650 saws all interchangeable with parts? I saw all have the same bore and stroke so could I put a 600 or 610 cylinder head on a 620? Just wondering because I found a real nice cylinder head I could put on mine but its off a 600.

Is it a complete carb? Apparently it will fit so if its complete and in decent shape how much were you thinking? And I have no idea how this online trade stuff works I've only ever used ebay.

open to offers. ill look & see if I have more than one [if so could be free + ship] & make sure it will work. might be off ra.

throw it out there on pioneer thread. someone else closer might just give ya one.

usually recipient pays ship + agreed price.

bump this thread or pm if ya don't hear from me by tue. I forget sometimes...

open to offers. ill look & see if I have more than one [if so could be free + ship] & make sure it will work. might be off ra.

throw it out there on pioneer thread. someone else closer might just give ya one.

usually recipient pays ship + agreed price.

bump this thread or pm if ya don't hear from me by tue. I forget sometimes...
What would you want for it? And would you be taking paypal or something else?

Latest posts

Back