Need help to identity husqvarna chainsaw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobBranch

Reaction score
DSC00004-800x600.JPG DSC00008-800x600.JPG DSC00009-800x600.JPG DSC00006-800x600.JPG

Hi everyone
Love this forum, hope this post and pics OK, never done this before, thanks for any help.

I need rubber parts for this saw but its lost its badge, plate etc. It was bought secondhand from main dealer some years ago, dealer is 30 miles away, too far to go just to identify saw.
Black plate under clutch is gone but there are some numbers letters engraved where it was located.
They are LHS08014091 ? or maybe LH508014091 ? not sure if third character is S or 5 as hand engraved.
Love this saw very powerfull, it goes between my other saws - MS181 and my lifetime friend the Stihl 038AV still running well.
Hope these pictures might help put a name / number on it.

Looks like a Chinese knock off of a Husqvarna - which is often nicknamed "Husky" or "Huskie". They have evidently tried to capitalize on this by producing an orange saw with a "huskey " label sticker.
Looks like it has a nice magnesium/aluminum case, metal top handle, and nice build quality.

Uhh, based on those husky stickers, and color of some of the parts, it kind of looks like a clone of a husqvarna. But I suppose if it is, that husqvarna parts should still fit. I'm not sure what model it would be though. Maybe a 266. Someone more knowledgable will be along to correct me.

Thanks for all the replies,
Actually cost me nothing, sister bought it for clearing her overgrown property and I politely confiscated it as her or her husband are not capable of using it, I done the work and keep them supplied with firewood every year.
Rio95 - you done well, looks like you found the family tree, :laugh:,
Almost identical saw just newer model. That price is amazing, the saw build quality is excellent, looks almost unused from pictures but has done quite a bit of work,
I need an intake manifold rubber and impulse pipe, when I get time will strip out carb and see part numbers etc. I can find. I may also bring it to the husqvarna dealer where she bought it, their name sticker is still on it, see what they say.
Thanks for all the help.

This is NOTHING close to being a Husqvarna! Don't bring it to a Husqvarna dealer. They aren't going to be able to help you with parts.
The saw you got there is a cheap Chinese saw. The only resemblance with a Husqvarna is probably the colour. Whatever your sister payed for it... It was way to much. Even if it was only 80 bucks.
Bin it.

Wolter

Parts are available online, look at stores such as www.chainsawr.com or ebay. You should be able to find most parts, but you will have to look hard for some. I have a 62cc version that was my first chainsaw, dealers wont touch it - that's why i got into fixing thing myself. :)

It's a Chinese clone of a Zenoah/RedMax G5000 family saw. They are made in 45, 50, 52, 58, 60 & 62cc. It may well be the highest production saw of all time by now. Search eBay for "52cc chainsaw" and you'll find lots of parts.

It's not a bad saw design at all, although the Chinese versions have open tranfers.

Parts are available online, look at stores such as www.chainsawr.com or ebay. You should be able to find most parts, but you will have to look hard for some. I have a 62cc version that was my first chainsaw, dealers wont touch it - that's why i got into fixing thing myself. :)
What the heck. This shop even stocks Chinese saws parts in a special section. [emoji50]

Wolter

This saw was bought from a Husqarna dealer, sticker still on it, thats why I may bring it back to them, see what they say about parts. Also I have been using saws for 5 decades now and this saw is excellent, still runs fine, I just want to do some maintenance on it,
Thanks for the great info and sources, Will check them out. Working all weekend so hard to get online,

Latest posts

Back