Need help with a Ford 300 industrial engine in a Brush Bandit 200+

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcole1234

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Brush Bandit 200+ with a Ford 300cid industrial engine. I bought the chipper at auction and it is missing the spring and eyelet in the governor linkage. It has a Hoof BD540 governor on it and I have had no trouble finding the complete governor, but it is $700 to $900 depending on where you go and I am just looking for the spring that has a plug built into it and the eyelet that it connects to. I am hoping someone has one the would part with or know where I can go. Thanks.

I have a 2001 Brush Bandit 200+ with a Ford 300cid industrial engine. I bought the chipper at auction and it is missing the spring and eyelet in the governor linkage. It has a Hoof BD540 governor on it and I have had no trouble finding the complete governor, but it is $700 to $900 depending on where you go and I am just looking for the spring that has a plug built into it and the eyelet that it connects to. I am hoping someone has one the would part with or know where I can go. Thanks.

A good machine shop could make the eyelet and you can get a spring.

That was my thought too...the trouble I ran into was the spring has a plug in it to prevent the spring from extending too far and I don't know the spring rate/tension and the length...I have an idea, but really don't want to take a chance at screwing it up. I know there are thousands of these inline 300 engines that went in generators, irrigation pumps, chuck n ducks, etc. Hopefully someone has one with the parts I need. Thanks.

governor parts

Sounds like your off to a good start in your search. You know the manufacturer and model number. Do a search on that information like I just did and you'll find several companies that rebuild service and sell new governors. Cross reference with a search of the manufacturer of your machine and you'll have a part #for for the individual items you seek.

I can't stress enough how many similarities there are between old forestry equipment and old farm equipment. There's alot of companies doing tractor restoration parts that are the same parts our equipment uses. This knowledge can save you money and headaches.

parts $

The governors I found NEW where only mid $300 range. Be informed don't get screwed by a greedy dealership.

Back