Need help with a Gas Trimmer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Bozdog

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Ryobi 700r 2-Cycle Gas Trimmer with a Walbro 819 WT 454 carburetor and have not made any adjustments to the idle or high speed needles. I have rebuilt the carburetor, new plug, new filter, new gasket and replaced all fuel lines. It starts and runs at a reduced rpm on partial choke position only. Will run for five minutes then stops. Gas mix is new and correct. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

I have a Ryobi 700r 2-Cycle Gas Trimmer with a Walbro 819 WT 454 carburetor and have not made any adjustments to the idle or high speed needles. I have rebuilt the carburetor, new plug, new filter, new gasket and replaced all fuel lines. It starts and runs at a reduced rpm on partial choke position only. Will run for five minutes then stops. Gas mix is new and correct. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim
How to I remove theses plastic covers to clean under the idle and high speed mixture needles? Also I want to be sure to put them back to factory settings.

Attachments

• IMG_1242.JPG
    IMG_1242.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
Make sure your muffler is not clogged with oil residue. You can get a large build up that will not allow the motor to "exhale" properly.

Latest posts

Back