Need help with husqvarna 545

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cas101326

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just recently acquired a husqvarna 545 and it will not idle. It came from up north and I live in south Mississippi so I read what I could and determined that I should run it wot for 3-5 minutes for the at to adjust. I did this today and it still will not run. I had 94 octane pre-mix in it and cleaned the air filter and plug as soon as I got it. I do not have a fitting to hook compression gauge up to it. I know NOTHING about auto tune so hoping someone can help

I just recently acquired a husqvarna 545 and it will not idle. It came from up north and I live in south Mississippi so I read what I could and determined that I should run it wot for 3-5 minutes for the at to adjust. I did this today and it still will not run. I had 94 octane pre-mix in it and cleaned the air filter and plug as soon as I got it. I do not have a fitting to hook compression gauge up to it. I know NOTHING about auto tune so hoping someone can help

Your problem maybe is a leak somewhere or a problem to the autotune for example the solenoids valves the better that you have do is to go the saw to a husqvarna service
usually the saws can not iddling because of leaks , but here maybe the autotune make the problem

It is possible that the autotune just needs to be reset as you describe however, leaks and also excessive end gap on the ring can cause the autotune to keep stalling. If you hook it up to the Husqvarna interface, it will give you an idea if you have a leak as the H setting will be well on the high side compensating for the extra air.

Is there a base number set to look for on autotune . Stihl had a way to tell on the Mdg. I have the autotune but don't have access to power portal to check stuff out.

Thanks for all the replys. Called the 2 dealers local here and they both said they have never heard of a way to "hook a saw up" to a computer...:so what do I do now???

Find another dealer, or help educate these two. Maybe have one of em do a pressure/vac test to rule out air leak.
The most dealers are know and are educated from the stihl and husqvarna for the tools for the problems but theirs characters is like.................

Thanks for all the replys. Called the 2 dealers local here and they both said they have never heard of a way to "hook a saw up" to a computer...:so what do I do now???

Because the most of them dont even have the basics tools for autotune and MDG1 diagnostics tools dont even thing about are expensive
one plier and one screwdriver is enough for do all the jobs
but the stihl MASTER WRENCH SERVICE or the HUSQVARNA GOLDEN SERVICE is the first place in theirs shops

Well I will check and see about pressure/vac test but i don't know how well educating would set with them. I'm 22 and they always assume to think I know absolutely nothing about saws, and I don't know much but I have learned alot from all of y'all hear on as. The knowledge is endless! I will update y'all when I get a chance to run by and get a pressure text done if they can

Is there a base number set to look for on autotune.

I think you mean the different fuel settings for different fuels. I found this for the Husqvarna Auto Tune:

Alkylate fuel e.g. Aspen (Factory setting) 70-90
Commercial petrol, 95 octane, high energy fuel 60-80
E25, commercial petrol with 25% ethanol 40-60

That means, the higher the number is, the higher energy content is in the fuel and this gives a lower lower fuel consumption.

I think you mean the different fuel settings for different fuels. I found this for the Husqvarna Auto Tune:

Alkylate fuel e.g. Aspen (Factory setting) 70-90
Commercial petrol, 95 octane, high energy fuel 60-80
E25, commercial petrol with 25% ethanol 40-60

That means, the higher the number is, the higher energy content is in the fuel and this gives a lower lower fuel consumption.

For ex 70 is low and 90 high?

Thank you very much!
Just curious, If you solved your problem with the carburetor ? Please let me know, I have both the Model 545 autotune and have re-built the Model 550 autotune, and may be able to help.

Husq released anupdated carb and fuel line for the 545 and 550, though you have to do a lot of digging to find the documents for it. The updated carb and fuel line fix idling issues on effected units. I can lookup the item number for you tomorrow when i go to the shop if you like

Well guys the saw is currently at the shop for pressure/vac test. Guy said he was sure it had one just by looking at plug and I figured that needed to be addressed first. so when I hear back from them I will let y'all know.thanks for all the replies and help

Well shop called yesterday and said that the saw needs a new p/c kit and gasket set. I asked what they determined from pressure test and he said he didn't need to do one that that was what was wrong with it...I feel like this info is not entirely true although I'm no expert by any means...I'm bummed out though I have $325 in a saw that I was told ran fine just had mild scoring on piston, but has not idled properly since I bought...maybe I should get what I can out of it now and save the headache? Because all the shops local near me either have never even heard of autotune or either just wants me to spend $300-$400 dollars on it

Back