Need Help with Stihl 024 Carburetor Replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hogwild1

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Trying to finish a project and I could use a some help.
I have a Stihl 024 with a Tillotson HU-54f carburetor and am looking to find a replacement for it .
My dealer says the Tillotson is no longer available.
Does anyone have any info if another carb would be a "bolt-on" replacement?
Maybe a Walbro or Zama? I would like to locate something new if possible.
Any suggestions or info would be welcome.
Thanks,

Trying to finish a project and I could use a some help.
I have a Stihl 024 with a Tillotson HU-54f carburetor and am looking to find a replacement for it .
My dealer says the Tillotson is no longer available.
Does anyone have any info if another carb would be a "bolt-on" replacement?
Maybe a Walbro or Zama? I would like to locate something new if possible.
Any suggestions or info would be welcome.
Thanks,

i'll be getting a early 024 in the next day or two, that i'm quite shure will also have the HU carb. on it, looks like a wt22 or wt-194-1 should go right on, the wt 194-1 is a bigger carb., and what i'll be using on this build:msp_smile:

i'll be getting a early 024 in the next day or two, that i'm quite shure will also have the HU carb. on it, looks like a wt22 or wt-194-1 should go right on, the wt 194-1 is a bigger carb., and what i'll be using on this build:msp_smile:

Thanks for the reply, when you do get your 024 if you would look and give your opinion if the WT22 would fit ??
Thank you,

both will fit. the wt194 is the best carb out there but a bit of a waste on a 024... The compression and cylinder size doesn't warrent it. the wt22 is just an older version of the 194.

The 194 is the best option for guys that like to build the bigger 026/260pro saws.

All of them will fit you just need to dial the carb in to match your P&C.

this $26 wt22 will work just fine on a 024 as it doesn't draw the air and gas like a ported 026/260 does.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STIHL-026-C...191?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab5130bbf

Last edited:
I'm running a Wt22B on my 260 and it works great, I have an extra if you need one and can do better then the ebay price.

Tim

both will fit. the wt194 is the best carb out there but a bit of a waste on a 024... The compression and cylinder size doesn't warrent it. the wt22 is just an older version of the 194.

The 194 is the best option for guys that like to build the bigger 026/260pro saws.

All of them will fit you just need to dial the carb in to match your P&C.

this $26 wt22 will work just fine on a 024 as it doesn't draw the air and gas like a ported 026/260 does.
STIHL 026 CARBURETOR WALBRO WT22 | eBay

Not sure why you would says it's a waste for an 024. Cylinder size is 2mm difference between the saws. About 5cc. I would run it on an 024 any givin day.

This is the kind of info that I am looking for!!
It is going on a stock saw , I want something that holds the idle better. Tilloson WILL NOT stay set and is driving me crazy.
I want it to be reliable in the woods and not haveto mess with it.
Thanks to all so far...

Not sure why you would says it's a waste for an 024. Cylinder size is 2mm difference between the saws. About 5cc. I would run it on an 024 any givin day.

I guess I have 3-4 026/260's here and would rather put the 194 on any of them rather than the 024 chassis I have. Also the stroke length on the 024 is shorter. I guess feeding gas to a bigger saw with bigger cylinder, and better compression would be my choice. Plus if you have to buy a 194 it will be 2x more expensive than getting a wt22 or other... just cause the 026/260 guys like myself drive the price up. On a stock 024 I don't think you see alot of gain between a 22 and a 194... just my opinion and this is all b/c I have the choice of an 026 or an 024 too...

This is the kind of info that I am looking for!!
It is going on a stock saw , I want something that holds the idle better. Tilloson WILL NOT stay set and is driving me crazy.
I want it to be reliable in the woods and not haveto mess with it.
Thanks to all so far...
I'd take Tim up on the wt22 offer. It will run nice and smooth on that 024 once you get it dialed in.

Latest posts

Back