Need help with Stihl 361 question please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doozer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey folks,
I'm standing on the edge ready to drop the cash but I have to confirm something. From what I could gather a stihl 361 CQ has the second chain brake and the 361 CB has the quick chain tensioner. Is it possible to install the quick chain tensioner on the the CQ model? Cause I want both.

Thanks for your help.

Nope, and you really don't want either.. ;)

Okay...I get the "Nope" part. Can you elaborate on the "you dont really want either" part. I have an 023 with a the quick chain tensioner it seemed to do well for the last 11 (non professional) years.:confused:

Thanks.

I really like the CB quick chain tensioner on my MS180. I've never used one on a larger saw.

I agree. On a MS180 it works fine. However I wouldn't want it on a bigger saw like the 361.

The modern side adjusters are so easy to use I'm not sure what problem Stihl is trying to solve with CB on larger saws. If you don't have a scrench handy then you're ill prepared to be cutting.

Hear the cry of youth. I want it all and I want it now! Queen The miracle 1989…I think.

LOL. Youth? I wish! Lazy and scared....more than likely.

Okay. Did a search on the chain adjusters and opinion seems to be clear from those that have actually used them. Not recommended.

Thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back