Need Info on a 1999 362xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ralph in MN

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Did Husqvarna make a 362 XP in 1999?
What is an XP saw? Probably more what does an XP saw do that's different than other saws?
I am trying to buy the saw and from what I have found they were made from 2000 to 2005.
How do I make the title line bold print?

Man that is to many questions I clicked to reply and have forgotten half your questions now that I am typing. XP is Husqvarna's professional line of saws. They are built to a different specification.

I am not sure when Husky started pushing the 362xp but there is going to be plenty on here that do. 1999 does sound like pretty close to the right time.

I have a Husqvarna 362. It has a small bar mount with adjustment in the saw body instead of the cover..

Runs about the same as my 365's and 372's until you get in big wood.

Has a Gilardoni cylinder with single transfers instead of Siamese transfers like on the 365 and 372

Mine has a Zama carb instead of a Walbro.

Otherwise it is the same as a 372 XP

Basically 1998-2003, and then a short lived "reintroduction" in 2005 (USA only). Those 2005 saws were a little heavier than the originals, and had the large Husky bar mount.

Basically 1998-2003, and then a short lived "reintroduction" in 2005 (USA only). Those 2005 saws were a little heavier than the originals, and had the large Husky bar mount.

Correct, and the later 2005s had the large bar mount and a Mahle cylinder while the originals had the Gillardoni cylinder and the small bar mount. I happened to have scored a mint condition original to add to my collection a few months back. I had been looking for one for a while. Mostly loggers had them around here so there aren't too many left.

Seems like I read somewhere that one of the reasons for the 362's original introduction was that it had a good compromise between power and fuel economy? That you could cut a lot longer with it before gassing up compared with a 365 or 372?

Correct, and the later 2005s had the large bar mount and a Mahle cylinder while the originals had the Gillardoni cylinder and the small bar mount. I happened to have scored a mint condition original to add to my collection a few months back. I had been looking for one for a while. Mostly loggers had them around here so there aren't too many left.

I believe those 2005 saws actually was built on the 372xp case, when only small batches of the 372xp could be imported to the US, for EPA reasons. The 372xp was out of the US catalog in 2005 and 2006, if memory serves....

I believe those 2005 saws actually was built on the 372xp case, when only small batches of the 372xp could be imported to the US, for EPA reasons. The 372xp was out of the US catalog in 2005 and 2006, if memory serves....

Yes that is correct, at that time the 372 was due to get replaced by the 575. It took them a little bit to figure out they were going to have to keep it around. I remember i converted quite a few 365s over to 372s at that time. The 575 wasn't quite the hit the 562 is

Yes that is correct, at that time the 372 was due to get replaced by the 575. It took them a little bit to figure out they were going to have to keep it around. I remember i converted quite a few 365s over to 372s at that time. The 575 wasn't quite the hit the 562 is

Understatement of the year? :D

Latest posts

Back