Need Model # Of Older Jonsered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlRockin'

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello there!

One of my first saws back in the day was an older Jonsered that I got from my uncle. I had thought it was a 621, but now am not sure. The model I had, had a black cover on top, but I see the 621 has a silver cover.

I don't recall what happened to my older Jonsered, but for old times sake, would like to get another one. However, that's hard when you can't remember the *&!$%& model number. LOL!

Do any of you have an idea of what model # I'm talking about? When I look at pics of a 621, it looks similar, but my saw had a black cover.

Thanks,

StihlRockin'

Last edited:
Were there louvers in the air filter cover?

Was there an air filter opening on it like the 621? (The round thing right above the rear handle)

A chain brake?

Decompression valve?

Any detail would help.

I don't recall any specifics except the 621 looks like it. Chain brake, yes. I don't recall a compression valve.

Back in the day is the early 80's, ...the year of the saw is unknown to me. I would think back then it was a newer saw... not sure and don't quote me!

If it weren't for that silver cover on the 621, that's what I thought I had. Sure be nice to track the saw down I had before.

For some reason 6?? something stands out in my mind.

Thanks.

StihlRockin'

66E?

From Acres site.

Last edited:
No one has mentioned the 625 630 670 Jonsereds yet. How about one of these They have the black tops and all are a similar shape to the 621 and all have the "6" that you remember.

Also they are early 80's especially the 630. 1982 according to acres.

The 625 http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...65af549801a2448e88256b6a0002497b?OpenDocument

The 630 http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...0796b04697e56eab88256b6b001a9c34?OpenDocument

The 670 http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...566e64faf8631b1e88256b6b001b16a4?OpenDocument

Not sure how to desquise links behind other words to make 1 word links. Sorry if I shouldnt have made direct links.

gonecountry!

I think it's a 630? !! Sure looks like it to me. Also, the year it was introduced was 1982.... sounds about right too.

=======================

I think my search is over guys. Tell you what, I'll go hunt for a 630 and when I get it, I'll show some pics and tell you guys for sure if it is what I had before.

Thanks y'all. Appreciate the help. Can't wait to fire one up again to see if the smells bring back some memories.

StihlRockin'

The 625, 630, and 670 are all the same frame, and they all run around 13000 rpms. Great saws, specially the 630 and 670.

You were broke in right if you started on one of these saws

gonecountry!

I think it's a 630? !! Sure looks like it to me. Also, the year it was introduced was 1982.... sounds about right too.

=======================

I think my search is over guys. Tell you what, I'll go hunt for a 630 and when I get it, I'll show some pics and tell you guys for sure if it is what I had before.

Thanks y'all. Appreciate the help. Can't wait to fire one up again to see if the smells bring back some memories.

StihlRockin'

Stihlrockin' Glad I could help ya

After my father retired his Stihl 08S he bought a 630 jonsereds that had been cooked and then traded in at the husky dealer. (1983 stamped on serial # tag) Dad bought it after the dealer put a 266XP piston and cyl in it. So essentially it was a 670, Man that thing flys! He used it as his main saw for a couple years before he got a deal on a pair of 034's. Now she dont see quite so much use but never fails to peform.

:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

The 630, 625, 670 are completely different form the 621. They are of Husqvarna design. The 621 and all the others suggested were real Jonsereds. The 630 is a much squarer, more plastic saw.

P2200008.jpg

The 630, 625, 670 are completely different form the 621. They are of Husqvarna design. The 621 and all the others suggested were real Jonsereds. The 630 is a much squarer, more plastic saw.

Yes, the 630 etc doesn't resemble the 621 at all - that's why I didn't suggest them........:givebeer: :givebeer:

Yes, the 630 etc doesn't resemble the 621 at all - that's why I didn't suggest them........:givebeer: :givebeer:

Well he did say that it had a square top that was similar to the 621 (yes recoil cover and rear handle are obviously different) also figuring early to mid 80's and that the saw was relativly new at the time, the 630 was the first to come to mind. Plus I have been around one for half of my life, so I guess it was near the top of the list for me.
:givebeer:

Last edited:
Well he did say that it had a square top that was similar to the 621 (yes recoil cover and rear handle are obviously different) also figuring early to mid 80's and that the saw was relativly new at the time, the 630 was the first to come to mind. Plus I have been around one for half of my life, so I guess it was near the top of the list for me.
:givebeer:

Good job buddy.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Back