Need opinion on new stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coppermouse

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a Harman TL 2.0 or 2.6
Can anyone tell me about them?
I have an England 24 ACD but I am tired of taking the cat out every year it is a major pain in the butt.
Also I am hoping the top loading design and external ash pan with make less mess and easier.
If anyone has other suggestions for a stove that has long burn times, top loading and an external ash pan that would be great.
Does the external ash pan work well or do you still have to shovel it out?
Thanks

Our VC Encore is a top loader. We really liked it. You can fit the wood in there a lot easier.

the swing out ash pan was easier than not having one, but I only used the attachable top and took it outside a couple of times. Kinda messy but any time you remove ash it's going to make at least a little mess.

We usually just shoveled them out of the pain into a metal bucket and kept the bucket out on the back porch.

Yeah I have to shovel all my ashes out and it makes a hug mess. I am hoping one with an ash pan will help

Our VC Encore is a top loader. We really liked it. You can fit the wood in there a lot easier.

the swing out ash pan was easier than not having one, but I only used the attachable top and took it outside a couple of times. Kinda messy but any time you remove ash it's going to make at least a little mess.

We usually just shoveled them out of the pain into a metal bucket and kept the bucket out on the back porch.

Back