Need opinions 011 avt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blh1960

blh1960

ArboristSite Member
Somebody has on C/L a Stihl 011 avt and a Homelite super 2. Both ran when he put on the shelf 2 years ago. He wants $55.00 for the both saws together. I have a super 2 at home that has issues. A real PITA saw to work on. Is this an OK price for 2 saws?

chowdozer

chowdozer

Addicted to ArboristSite
go get em. you know you want em. the 011 is a decent saw. not modern like everybody wants, has some defiencies but I had one for 6 years and it was ok. I'd stilll have it if a good friend of mine didn't have a use for it. :cheers:

warjohn

warjohn

Addicted to ArboristSite
Somebody has on C/L a Stihl 011 avt and a Homelite super 2. Both ran when he put on the shelf 2 years ago. He wants $55.00 for the both saws together. I have a super 2 at home that has issues. A real PITA saw to work on. Is this an OK price for 2 saws?

Did you have any luck on the saws. I e-mailed him 15 minutes after the listing went on craigslist but he never replied now the listing is gone I could have used the 011

blh1960

blh1960

ArboristSite Member
Picked up the saws. Both were in pretty good shape. I decided to take the 011 apart New Years Day. Found the muffler completely loose in the case. That worried me a bit because I thought maybe it had been ran like this. Inspected the piston and jug. Looked good. Compression good. Replaced the muffler, dumped out the old mixture. Fresh mixture and about 30 pulls it fired. Started and ran good. When I tried to cut it bogged. Ajusted carb, and tach it to about 10500 RPM. I am not sure were to put the rpm. Strong in the cut now. High RPM anybody for this saw? It starts 4-stroking a about 9000 rpm. I think $55 dollars was worth it just for the Stilh. I still have that Super 2 to play with.