Need some ideas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clutch25

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
OK....as of right now I don't have a wood burner. I had planned on just getting a cheapy Vogelzang Norsemen for my garage this fall. HOWEVER...after months of searching, I may have found a used Johnson add on furnace for about 1/2 the price($650)....it is very comparable to a Hotblast/Vogelzang 2500.

So....do I save about $500 and get the used one and hope it is good? I have access to welders and steel to work on it if it isn't.

THEN....a place in my town has a rental trailer they are selling. 2 axle box trailer that would be PERFECT for wood! Could probably get 1.5 cord in just the trailer. Body is starting to rust but a good buddy of mine does sand blasting and painting. We could bang it out in less than a day looking brand new. $650 asking price(ironic!).

Not sure I should jump on both but am tempted to try and get the furnace for around 5 bills if in decent shape....however it is a 4 hour drive away.

Thoughts????

OK....as of right now I don't have a wood burner. I had planned on just getting a cheapy Vogelzang Norsemen for my garage this fall. HOWEVER...after months of searching, I may have found a used Johnson add on furnace for about 1/2 the price($650)....it is very comparable to a Hotblast/Vogelzang 2500.

So....do I save about $500 and get the used one and hope it is good? I have access to welders and steel to work on it if it isn't.

THEN....a place in my town has a rental trailer they are selling. 2 axle box trailer that would be PERFECT for wood! Could probably get 1.5 cord in just the trailer. Body is starting to rust but a good buddy of mine does sand blasting and painting. We could bang it out in less than a day looking brand new. $650 asking price(ironic!).

Not sure I should jump on both but am tempted to try and get the furnace for around 5 bills if in decent shape....however it is a 4 hour drive away.

Thoughts????

That sounds like one of those word math problems we all hated in HS LOL.

I vote buy the add on. You won't regret it.

what size garage? if this is for a 24x24 it would be overkill to use a addon furnace in my opinion.addons will put out a lot of heat but require a good initial amount of wood to get them up and roaring

That is true, but what I was reading into it is instead of just heating his garage he would opt to heat the whole house with an add on.

Otherwise what would he have to add on to if he didn't already have a furnace heating the whole house into the ducts?

Back