Need Stihl part number cross reference

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yo2001

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Part number 1121 029 2301. Suppose to be a 034 0.5mm base gasket. The reason that I am asking is that when I put the gasket in, the compression is 30 psi lower than assembled without the gasket. Seems a lot of loss there. Thanks n

You MAY NOT have the correct part #, did you lube the cylinder walls/rings with mix oil? Take the plug out and put a few drops of oil in and pull it over to see if comp. climbs.

I'm showing a 1119 029 2301 as the 0.5mm gasket for the 46mm cylinder

Last edited:
It was assembled with some oil but here is the deal. First assemble, with the gasket in, ran a tank, cool down, the compression @ 145psi. Disassembled and re-assemble without the gasket, same deal, ran a tank and cool down, 175psi. Sat for 2 days. I rechecked because was suspicious but same 175psi. So I thought the rings needed seating so I again reassemble with the gasket in now back to 145psi... The P&C is "C" assembly so the squish might be that far off with the gasket in. I checked the squish without the gasket and it came out .020" so I guess with the gasket about .039".

I'm trying to keep this one stock but I like having the extra compression without the gasket, I just might mod it.

You MAY NOT have the correct part #, did you lube the cylinder walls/rings with mix oil? Take the plug out and put a few drops of oil in and pull it over to see if comp. climbs.

I'm showing a 1119 029 2301 as the 0.5mm gasket for the 46mm cylinder

I saw that number on ms360 IPL and 1125 029 2301? for 1mm but no 1121 xxx number. I guess I have to take it back apart and whip out the caliper. :dizzy:

I saw that number on ms360 IPL and 1125 029 2301? for 1mm but no 1121 xxx number. I guess I have to take it back apart and whip out the caliper. :dizzy:

I can't find that 1121 number anywhere. You could do as Brad said, measure squish and leave it out if possible....

Oops. the part number IS 1119 xxx. I don't know where I got the another number from. The number was sitting right in front of my face the whole time:ices_rofl:

Oops. the part number IS 1119 xxx. I don't know where I got the another number from. The number was sitting right in front of my face the whole time:ices_rofl:

:laugh:, good you found it.

Now to figure out why you have low comp, you try the oil trick? I know rings need to break in before getting the best seal possibe between the ring and cylinder, it might could gain 30 psi from this.

Back