Need to Kill a Maple Tree -- Please help!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dee99999

Reaction score
I have a large, mature maple tree in my yard that I want to kill. There are surface roots. I would like to do it by either a soil treatment, or some other chemical that will destroy the roots. I am at my wits end. :cry: I have done a lot of research on caustic chemicals (ie blended sulphuric acid, copper sulfate pentahydrate, and lye), but have not found anything that will confirm which one will kill the tree the fastest. Herbicides I have come across for this include Bromacil, Hexazinone, tebuthiuron, and Metsulfuron. At this point, I am tempted to just pour battery acid on the roots and the tree trunk. Can someone please help me? :help:

dee99999 said:
I have a large, mature maple tree in my yard that I want to kill. There are surface roots. I would like to do it by either a soil treatment, or some other chemical that will destroy the roots. I am at my wits end. :cry: I have done a lot of research on caustic chemicals (ie blended sulphuric acid, copper sulfate pentahydrate, and lye), but have not found anything that will confirm which one will kill the tree the fastest. Herbicides I have come across for this include Bromacil, Hexazinone, tebuthiuron, and Metsulfuron. At this point, I am tempted to just pour battery acid on the roots and the tree trunk. Can someone please help me? :help:

:chainsaw: <<<<< One of these???

Ummmmmmmmmmm why not just prune the roots and mulch?:buttkick:

treeseer said:
Ummmmmmmmmmm why not just prune the roots and mulch?:buttkick:

hmm, $10 says this tree doesn't belong to the poster. remember it is autum, and leaf removal is in full swing. I figure its a property line tree (or close) that throws roots into the posters property.
imo, you want a tree gone, you cut it down, then grind out the stump and roots. so, either its not his tree, or it's close enough to a ROW that, if dead and/or hazardous, a public entity will remove it for free, ie city or utility.

thread closed
-Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back