need to rent a F650 dump Neen info on mini exa

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtnman4ever

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Need to rent a F650 dump . want info on mini exacavator

Doseany one in the NE know wher i can rent a F650 dump near ot arond eith Durham NH or Haverhill Mass area . I am gong to need to move alot stuff . at some point soon . I have called and asked around google is :censored: ing PITA

Now the trickier question. What is the largest mini excavator that can be safely towed by say a Ford Ranger or similar pick up with a good siize six cylnder and good springs and proper tow hitch . I have seen a range towing a small one and it was not putting alot of weight in the springs .

thanks
Mtnman

Last edited:
you need to find out the towing capacity on your ranger. they differ from year to year and package to package. Auto or manual tranny? Hopefully manual

I cant picture a Ford Ranger pulling a mini ex. I personally wouldnt pull it with anything less than 3/4 ton pickup. Mini ex's generally weigh 6,000-10,000lbs. plus trailer weight.

Good luck

Ranger pulling a mini ex.

Come on man I pulled a stump grinder with my small pickup and that was bad enough .I dont think you want to try to pull a mini ex with a Ranger if you could it would be so small it would probably would not load the dump effectively.

Dump rental

I rented a tandem axle Freightliner (CDL) from Hertz for $600/ day. It held about 12yds. You can rent F550's and F350's but they will usually hold 3-5 yds.

As for pulling a mini excavator, its not if the truck can pull it, It's if the truck can stop it. If the trailer has brakes it will help but dont rely solely on them.
I've pulled alot of equipment. That's my 2 cents.

just some thoughts

If I were you I would wait until I rented the F650 to tow the excavator. I have a F600 and I can feel the chipper back there. A ranger is only good for about 5000 lbs towing.

You might look into rolloff containers. I did that when I was just starting out on my own.

Most rental places will deliver equipment also.

I rented a tandem axle Freightliner (CDL) from Hertz for $600/ day. It held about 12yds. You can rent F550's and F350's but they will usually hold 3-5 yds.

As for pulling a mini excavator, its not if the truck can pull it, It's if the truck can stop it. If the trailer has brakes it will help but dont rely solely on them.
I've pulled alot of equipment. That's my 2 cents.

I am not sure how I would find put the things I have in mind are really small . but I can use my 1 ton .
It is a whole post / yeah rant about the f 650
and the miniexcavator I suppose I could just use the tracked loader I use now But I still have to get things into the bucket .

How do if out if it can stop? I think any trail in NH that is used to carry equipment has to by law have brakes . and I need a small trailer too long post in itslef also .

Though the F650 an mini excavator are for seprate things . I will need to move alot in one day on job I will be doing in march or April .The probelm is the abbuter is a hot headed narcistic paraniod ,delusional and gun toting :censored: ing :censored: hole who call the cops if so much as a branch lands on his forest or a do runs on it and leaves a brown gift .
:crazy1:

So I want to get all of the hard wood I dropped out ASAP .I moved them with a tracked loader and relized it would take a lot of trips with the1 ton to move them all back to my place and they are not easly accesible by road what a PITA . i hav maybe 10 cord of oak stiting up on some white pine logs so they dry and do not rofrom sitting on the ground waitng for me .
I have been using the 1 ton and loader but I have to deal with the nut case and his cop calling about what ever he imagines is going on . :help: please !

I had this sized mini exavator in min well under 5,000 lbs

http://www.bobcat.com/excavators/compare/323

Oh I shold say iv been falling for over 20 years but With fuel prices high and I am 42 bad back I had a lot of surgery on my right arm and still need more . Ill admmit time and hard work have taken thier toll . I also want the sall size exavator so i can leave a very small foot print tow it with either te 1 ton or range . andalso to expand a bit . not to menation having it lift logs and move them off the land owners place faster . and casue less racket as they call it .
Just trying to adapt to changing times and age . I can always ask Bobcat or Catepillar guys what they suggest I do not know who makes them for the Kubota dealer or are thy Kubotas ?

The mini excavator it is for other work though it could lift logs cut inot 4.5 ft length or smaller if it real big . Along with work at my folks place .
I try to help out as much a I can . As I use it as my base of operations

I cut there and take mabe a few cord I burn it and they also burn but not as much
It helps them out as on taxes I pay them a god amont for tat . and it allows us to say the land is both used for timber harvesting and open land wa only ban moterized vehicals .
I cut some and i amd tryoing ot create a birch glade . along with out neighbor

any help is allways welcome

Mtnman AKA Rick

Last edited:
good luck pulling a mini ex with a ranger lol.. let me know how many miles you get before it blows up. ill place my bets at about 15 . and renting a chip truck. ? sub out a local tree guy with a truck. i perfet to keep the $$ in the industry rather then give it to a rental franchise

good luck pulling a mini ex with a ranger lol.. let me know how many miles you get before it blows up. ill place my bets at about 15 . and renting a chip truck. ? sub out a local tree guy with a truck. i perfet to keep the $$ in the industry rather then give it to a rental franchise

I called bobcatNH they say the one Ihave in mind will easily be towed by a Ranger iI am not talking about a big one it only weighs 350o lbs it is not that heavy
I am goingto call a guy in the bussne use my trakedloader to movethem so he can get them in the business to hual the logs forme I can only make so many

I can make only so many 1 ton runs

Last edited:
I am not sure how I would find put the things I have in mind are really small . but I can use my 1 ton .
It is a whole post / yeah rant about the f 650
and the miniexcavator I suppose I could just use the tracked loader I use now But I still have to get things into the bucket .

How do if out if it can stop? I think any trail in NH that is used to carry equipment has to by law have brakes . and I need a small trailer too long post in itslef also .

Though the F650 an mini excavator are for seprate things . I will need to move alot in one day on job I will be doing in march or April .The probelm is the abbuter is a hot headed narcistic paraniod ,delusional and gun toting :censored: ing :censored: hole who call the cops if so much as a branch lands on his forest or a do runs on it and leaves a brown gift .
:crazy1:

So I want to get all of the hard wood I dropped out ASAP .I moved them with a tracked loader and relized it would take a lot of trips with the1 ton to move them all back to my place and they are not easly accesible by road what a PITA . i hav maybe 10 cord of oak stiting up on some white pine logs so they dry and do not rofrom sitting on the ground waitng for me .
I have been using the 1 ton and loader but I have to deal with the nut case and his cop calling about what ever he imagines is going on . :help: please !

I had this sized mini exavator in min well under 5,000 lbs

http://www.bobcat.com/excavators/compare/323

Oh I shold say iv been falling for over 20 years but With fuel prices high and I am 42 bad back I had a lot of surgery on my right arm and still need more . Ill admmit time and hard work have taken thier toll . I also want the sall size exavator so i can leave a very small foot print tow it with either te 1 ton or range . andalso to expand a bit . not to menation having it lift logs and move them off the land owners place faster . and casue less racket as they call it .
Just trying to adapt to changing times and age . I can always ask Bobcat or Catepillar guys what they suggest I do not know who makes them for the Kubota dealer or are thy Kubotas ?

The mini excavator it is for other work though it could lift logs cut inot 4.5 ft length or smaller if it real big . Along with work at my folks place .
I try to help out as much a I can . As I use it as my base of operations

I cut there and take mabe a few cord I burn it and they also burn but not as much
It helps them out as on taxes I pay them a god amont for tat . and it allows us to say the land is both used for timber harvesting and open land wa only ban moterized vehicals .
I cut some and i amd tryoing ot create a birch glade . along with out neighbor

any help is allways welcome

Mtnman AKA Rick

All I can say is Good Luck with your job and the crazy neighbor.

Latest posts

Back