Neighbor trouble

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just tell him that burning wood quiets the voices. Tell him you tried drugs and they didn't help, but the smell of the woodsmoke silences them.

Just tell him that burning wood quiets the voices. Tell him you tried drugs and they didn't help, but the smell of the woodsmoke silences them.

Actually worked with a guy that did that. The neighbor called the cops on him and the cops accused my co-worker of making threatening gestures. Turned out to be a little more trouble than it was worth, since the co-worker started an argument with the cops which resulted him a quick trip down to the local klink until his wife got him out.

Tes

I had an intermittent neighbor that was a PIA.. he used to come out here from town once a month or so and tinker on cars and such on the property next door. Every time he would walk up to the fence and wave me over, he would have some gripe. The last time he waved me over, I offered him a silent one finger salute and went in the house. He doesn't come out here as often now and never ever waves me over to the fence. I can still see the look on his face when I saluted him... Priceless. :D

Ian

When he goes to bed make some Limburger cheese sauce on the stove, thin it with milk until it can be sucked in to a big turkey baster then run over there and squirt it down the fresh air intake on his cars (if the doors aren't locked go right in the defroster vents). Nothing like the smell of ripe Limburger in the morning.:D:D

old or not poke me in the chest and i"ll poke you with my fist in the eye!!!....why can't people just mind there own bees wax!!!!

You exhibited great self control.
It could have been worse... he could have stole your wood. :cry:

That is where I stop showing self-control, in other news dismembered minister found in local garbage dump, community is shocked.

Tes

yeah, congrats on not snapping that finger "wally jay" style--which would have been inappropriate considering the state of the "threat".

happy to live the county style. i borrow tools from all around, we help each other out. it's a thing that only happens at low population densities. i've lived in town, and in suburbs. had one or two "bad" neighbors avg per location...ne'er again.

out here we all have woodburners. most of us use them.

heck, i remember my grandmother burning coal.

Last edited:
When he goes to bed make some Limburger cheese sauce on the stove, thin it with milk until it can be sucked in to a big turkey baster then run over there and squirt it down the fresh air intake on his cars (if the doors aren't locked go right in the defroster vents). Nothing like the smell of ripe Limburger in the morning.:D:D

Fool! Too traceable! :) Go buy a Fur fish and Game magazine and look in the back for a supplier of scunk scent. Buy a bottle and have fun with it. Just be sure to wear rubber gloves.

I suggested that to someone that had a dog problem with the neighbor's dog running all over the neighborhood and digging up people's flowers. The neighbor refused to tie up the dog. I told them to catch the dog (easy to do with treats) and then spray them down with the skunk scent and send them home. After 2 "treatments" the dog was tied up and never was seen loose again. :cheers:

That is traceable too trust me i got kicked out of school for 2 days back in 87 for dumping a bottle of fart juice on the floor in study hall. The heating system blew it through the school. I got caught because I was the only one laughing to hard to leave the room.

Fool! Too traceable! :) Go buy a Fur fish and Game magazine and look in the back for a supplier of scunk scent. Buy a bottle and have fun with it. Just be sure to wear rubber gloves.

I suggested that to someone that had a dog problem with the neighbor's dog running all over the neighborhood and digging up people's flowers. The neighbor refused to tie up the dog. I told them to catch the dog (easy to do with treats) and then spray them down with the skunk scent and send them home. After 2 "treatments" the dog was tied up and never was seen loose again. :cheers:

I've been having this other dog in the yard a lot......you just made my day!:yourock:
I already have skunk scent.....:clap::clap::clap:

The offending wood

Thought I'd share a couple of pictures.The first is roughly the view from the neighbors (although about 40 yards closer), and the second is the view from around the corner.Sorry in advance if anybody goes beserk after viewing this.

Its always hard to know how to deal with cranky butthead neighbors,but I think you did the right thing.I have one neighbor up on the hill that is always making trouble for me.Calls the cops if he hears a log splitter before 9am or after 6pm,rifle shots, etc.I have tried to be pleasant to him,but little works.
He moved here from the city and figures he should have peace and quiet no matter what,and has little regard for the rights of others.
Its hard to remain civil to the guy,but I do my best.But one day, I know he is going to push me a little to far,and then....well,I guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Your wood pile apparently doesnt fit into his "decor" lol! ;)

Just give him crap right back he is probably just a lonely old fart he would probably enjoy someone taking time and talking to him.

You might be suprised at what you have in common, offer him a beer and hang out by the fire for awhile he may just not know wth he is thinking. :)

Kansas

There is something to be said about living out in the sticks on a farm.

I get along with most of my neighbors now, even the really religious one. He doesn't preach to me and I don't preach to him. Had one a half mile down right across from one of my fields that was a real prick. So I waited till he was having a little get together and I started spreading loads from my manure pit on that field. Nineteen loads to be exact on ten acres. He put the place up for sale two weeks later.

The couple that bought it, was just over on Sunday morning with there little girl to bring over some cookies and have a cup of coffee. Great neighbors. I swing through with the tractor and push back banks or plow the whole drive if they haven't done it yet with the wheeler when ever we get a bad storm, and she keeps me in awesome made from scratch baked goods year round!

As a bonus he has been known to show up on the field when I am making hay with a cold brew and kick me off my hay raking tractor so I can start bailing.

coog, there is a place about a mile down from me that is for sale. The economy sucks around here right now but you couldn't ask for better neighbors except for one crazy farmer lol.

please provide towels when you post like this!!!!!!!!:rock::rock:

I know what you mean about annoying neighbors. I park my 16 foot dual axle trailer up next to my garage and sometimes I don't bother emptying the brush out of it right away. My neighbor had the nerve to ask me when I planned on emptying it so she didn't have to look at it. Mind you, this is the same neighbor that had just finished painting her house lavender with robin's egg blue trim. I kid you not. I told her she was lucky I didn't park my loaded trailer in her side yard so I don't have to look at her hideous house. She hasn't had much to say after that. Which is fine with me.

GOOD UN!!!!!!!!! idiot broad--

a bit devious--NO?????? :D:D:D i like it--spose hed have to sell the car--or burn it to the ground????:ices_rofl::ices_rofl::ices_rofl:

Latest posts

Back