Nelsonville

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Smith

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here is a few pics of the chainsaws etc at Nelsonville.I told the gents at the Stihl exhibit they would be on a-site.They asked about it,so being the good will ambassador that I am,I informed them about the site .They were very interested .In the order of fairness I also told them of the other four sites I post on ;)
In one of the pictures you may recognize Dave Jewett,a competitor in the Stihl timbersports series,preparing to do a carving in the final round of that competition.

We were there on Saturday, sorry we missed you (like how would we have known each other? lol) The oldest boy was in the FFA forestry judging. I was much impressed with the Dolmar 7300 and 5100 in your pictures. The 7900 did not do much for me, nor did the big one 9010? or whatever. Wife enjoyed the 30 minute carving contest and about broke me buying 1/2 off Carharts and Red Wing boots. We are only an hour from the place but our first time there. At the tractor shows the internet gang meets at a prearranged place. I wonder how many others from here were at the show?

I was there on Sunday for the International Lumberjack Contest. It ran so fast, I didn't get a chance to walk around and check out everything. I didn't compete overly well, but that's the way it happens in any sport. I love the event, enjoy the vendors and booths at the event, but the contest is not exactly my favorite. If it weren't so close to home, I doubt I would come. It has so much potential that's being lost that it's remarkable.

All the best,
Arden cogar Jr. aka Jamie

Fish said:
anyone going to the outdoor power equipment expoin Louisville this weekend?
Mike Acres is going,I just talked to him yesterday afternoon.

If I can find a way to get there, I might just go, but as it is, it really doesnt look too hopeful.

Latest posts

Back