New 365 with ported big bore kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nardoo

Nardoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hcl

Al,
I am going through Beechworth sometime on Saturday - I can drop you some hydrochloric acid if you want as I have plenty. It works best if you heat the cylinder with a torch and I use 320 grit wet and dry - some say that is too coarse but it works OK for me.

And nice work on the porting, that saw is eating that yellow box.

Last edited:
AUSSIE1

AUSSIE1

Al.
Ned and Wild’s fight site Vic. Australia.
Al,
I am going through Beechworth sometime on Saturday - I can drop you some hydrochloric acid if you want as I have plenty. It works best if you heat the cylinder with a torch and I use 320 grit wet and dry - some say that is too coarse but it works OK for me.

And nice work on the porting, that saw is eating that yellow box.

Thanks for the offer Al, the Wife is going to Albury tomorrow so I'll get her to pick some up.

:msp_thumbup:

AUSSIE1

AUSSIE1

Al.
New big bore kit fitted. No popup or barrel machining. Just some basic porting and used the kit piston.Was disappointing once again as I had to go higher on the durations than I wanted due to the exhaust being tilted and droopy. Makes the saw a little racey instead of chasing torque. I had to clean up the area where the squish meets the comp chamber as this had a high (low) spot right around the full circumference.

Will hopefully get a video of the saw out in the sticks later today.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TG_BSvTwRSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Rudolf73

Rudolf73

Addicted to ArboristSite
Looks like your basic porting job produced a fast saw... how would you compare power gains from the 72cc P&C and the BB kit after porting?

AUSSIE1

AUSSIE1

Al.
Looks like your basic porting job produced a fast saw... how would you compare power gains from the 72cc P&C and the BB kit after porting?

I reckon you can produce more torque with the BB. The problem is trying to get a BB where you don't have to raise the exhaust to clean things up. One way is to do some machining but you shouldn't have to go that route.

Nevertheless, she blew 170 psi with only some idle time under her belt, so that's a positive (no base gasket)! :msp_w00t:

Another thing, you don't loose port area really in the trans with these BB's. I don't open up the trans whatsoever as they seem to be as large as they need to be.

Last edited:
Rudolf73

Rudolf73

Addicted to ArboristSite
I reckon you can produce more torque with the BB. The problem is trying to get a BB where you don't have to raise the exhaust to clean things up. One way is to do some machining but you shouldn't have to go that route.

Nevertheless, she blew 170 psi with only some idle time under her belt, so that's a positive (no base gasket)! :msp_w00t:

Thats good compression for a new P&C, what sealant do you use when removing the base gasket?

Terry Syd

Terry Syd

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yeah, angry is a good description. I hope my mate at the mill doesn't see that video, I'd have no chance to beat him if he decided to upgrade his saw.

Latest posts