• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold New 390xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought this saw in 2018, don't know why as a have another fully ported 390. I did open up the muffler and advance the timing, other than that it's stock, I've never even started the saw, so the saw is 100% new. It's been stored in my house from day one. $1,100 shipped, OBO. Powerhead only.

cfe1e633a24c4c77a20061474da17279.jpg
388586873b216113984942c2d296eddd.jpg
b22841bec32c938d8c6338a9297946aa.jpg
f3d7db164158d30ae04731b322a68ab7.jpg
745c78a704ffe43119ebb976c4abd3d5.jpg
8525aabdcf8f8de3260ad193dcdb74b6.jpg

NICE!!!

Question

You didn’t start it after advancing the timing?

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]

Do you know the actual weight as it sits? What could you say to a skittish fella like me, who might be interested but a little worried about muffler mod and timing advance on a new saw? Frankly it bothers me that you have not run it some.

Yup, assuming it's tuned properly, a decent muffler mod will only ever serve to extend a saws life.
I have a 390XP I use for milling & have been considering advancing the timing... still undecided on that but definitely open to advice on the potential pro's & cons

Yup, assuming it's tuned properly, a decent muffler mod will only ever serve to extend a saws life.
I have a 390XP I use for milling & have been considering advancing the timing... still undecided on that but definitely open to advice on the potential pro's & cons
About 7 degrees give or take seems to wake them up quite nicely. Can't say there is a con unless you over do it and make it ping itself to death... sure makes the saw feel better in the cut. More power for sure. I thought I had saved a link to someone doing it but can't seem to find it. May have saved it on the computer at home.

About 7 degrees give or take seems to wake them up quite nicely. Can't say there is a con unless you over do it and make it ping itself to death... sure makes the saw feel better in the cut. More power for sure. I thought I had saved a link to someone doing it but can't seem to find it. May have saved it on the computer at home.
I go consecutive, and with the key still there all you have to do is loosen the flywheel and set it vast to stock if needed, which it's not.

I’m honestly surprised nobody’s jumped on this yet, seems like a good deal to me considering what I just paid for a new 572 which is 20cc less of a saw, I don’t have much use for a 90cc saw at the moment, but will probably be my next new saw purchase come next spring, my dad has a band mill he built 2 years ago and we’ve been sawing lots of cedar and pine lumber with it, very very cool experience

Latest posts

Back