New Ax Men Season 2 Preview

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like the usual overdramatic antics that they had last season, same crews some of them too.

wonder if they will ever move away from the west coast, probably not. seems like most anything interesting always happens over that way anyways.

Great news. I sure hope they bring back Melvin Lardy. It's find watching someone with equipment worse than mine. Melvin rocks!

I'm wondering who will be on it. I was in Madsens and the checkout guy asked a cutter if he'd been falling for "that TV show." The guy shook his head no. Rumors were going around in September, when they got turned down here, that they were filming somewhere near the coast. I can't watch the videos on here. :bang:

If that trailer is anything to go by it will be even more over the top than last year. None of the brief faces looked familiar.

i see some stump branch guys (lardy's crew), jm browning was on there... couldn't tell anyone else.

i've read that this season will be a little more in-depth, showing falling, yarding, trucking, and milling and maybe some finished product.

hopefully it won't be yarding yarding yarding.

but it's tv after all.

Sweet, a second season! I missed the whole first season...no cable, crappy tv, etc. I'm going to plan a nightout every evening it's on and go over to my friends house w/ cable and a bigscreen. His wife is gonna hate me:hmm3grin2orange:

Sweet, a second season! I missed the whole first season...no cable, crappy tv, etc. I'm going to plan a nightout every evening it's on and go over to my friends house w/ cable and a bigscreen. His wife is gonna hate me:hmm3grin2orange:

you should take a bucket of beer

I rarely watched it when it was on TV, i downloaded it and watched it on my computer at my convenience.

i see some stump branch guys (lardy's crew), jm browning was on there... couldn't tell anyone else.

i've read that this season will be a little more in-depth, showing falling, yarding, trucking, and milling and maybe some finished product.

hopefully it won't be yarding yarding yarding.

but it's tv after all.

But yarding is where the human interaction takes place. It is quieter so meaningful conversations can take place and the microphone can pick it up.
You can't hear much on the landing--when people with my job are at a meeting and we can't hear the speaker, we sometimes yell out, LANDING VOICE PLEASE, and if the speaker has been around logging, they know what to do. :cheers:

I read this someplace else on the net.

Ax Men season two will be a bit different this year. There will be 5 Logging companies this year instead of 4, however two of the original four groups of loggers we followed last year will not be returning. Melvin Lardy's Stumpbranch Logging and Gustafson Logging will be gone while Mike Pihl and Jay Browning's crews make a return.

J.M. Browning Logging - Operating out of Astoria, Oregon, no-nonsense, all-business Jay Browning started his company from the ground-up. Logging is one of the most dangerous jobs on the planet, and Jay knows it. He lost his hand in a logging accident and now wears a prosthetic, but prides himself on not accepting any of the workers compensation checks that followed the ordeal. Taking handouts isn't Jay's style. This year, Browning Logging is looking for its next leader. Jay's natural successor is his son Jesse, but he has yet to prove that he has what it takes to step into his old man's boots. Jay is a tough boss and an even tougher dad, but it's the expectation of perfection that's earned him the respect of his crews, business partners and the logging community. As Jay's career winds down and the market approaches its lowest point yet, will Jesse have what it takes to carry on the family torch?

Pihl Logging - Pihl Logging has been the lifeblood of Vernonia, Oregon for almost 25 years. Almost everyone in town - all 2,300 of them - knows someone who relies on company owner Mike Pihl to keep their family fed. Pihl Logging is comprised of a group of men who like to trade jibes with each other almost as much as they like to cut timber. The real heart of the operation is 30-year veteran timber cutter Dwayne Dethlefs. Dwayne is the embodiment of old-school logging. Rounding out the crew is Dwayne's son Dustin, and a host of other colorful characters. The men at Pihl are like family -- at-times dysfunctional but always entertaining; men who fight like brothers but always have each other's backs.

S&S Aqua Logging - Retired logger, Jimmy Smith, started his Aberdeen, Washington underwater logging company because no one else was doing it and he hoped to make a quick buck. What he uncovered in the process was century-old perfectly preserved timber that his ancestors cut but was lost in Washington's waterways along its journey to the mill. Now, Jimmy seeks to harvest this slice of history for today's America to enjoy. He's a colorful man with big dreams, big ideals and very little attention to detail. Try as they may, Jimmy, his son James and the revolving cast of friends-turned-deckhands struggle every day to keep the underwater logging operation afloat.

R&R Conner Aviation - Based in Montana, R&R Conner Aviation is a family-run helicopter logging company owned and operated by Ryan Conner and wife Robin. Helicopter logging is one of the most dangerous and expensive forms of timber harvesting. The demands of working beneath a thundering helicopter and the severe weather are more than most can bargain for. Having an experienced team of pilots, mechanics and ground crew is crucial. R&R has been grounded for nine months after a hard landing destroyed their helicopter. Now, R&R is back with a rebuilt rig and Ryan is getting his company in the air and back in the woods of Montana. This is going to be a critical logging season for R&R and chief pilot, Bart Colantuono, will be a key factor in getting the business back to a place it was last year ”making money".

Rygaard Logging - Based in Port Angeles, Washington, Rygaard Logging is a family business consisting of father Craig and son, Gabe. Craig is a wild man with a big heart, sharp mind and a quick wit. These are hard working salt-of-the-earth men, risking everything they have to get the job done. Logging is in their blood. As Rygaard moves onto a downhill logging site - the most dangerous of all logging operations - gravity works against them on every turn. This is brutal work and one of the quickest ways for a logger to go broke or get hurt. Adding to the liability is greenhorn Brad Hewitt, who is stepping onto the mountain for the first time.

Back