New Axe by John Neeman

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluntForgedEdge

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got this new John Neeman Northlander Forest Axe "Stalwart" today. Took almost a year this month since I place the order.

Here's some pictures:

IMG_2828_zps24b4f115.jpg

IMG_2827_zps9df7e148.jpg

IMG_2834_zps68fa8a13.jpg

NeemanAxe_ii_zps277cf579.jpg

IMG_2837_zpsd5db808c.jpg

IMG_2838_zps2ef803d2.jpg

NeemanAxeWeight_ii_zps025a7425.jpg

NeemanAxeinHand_zps0c4fb88e.jpg

That's all for now!

You should send that ugly , unsanded ,unpolished hunk of steel up to me and I'll send you a nice factory made , sanded smooth , polished and painted one ...................Really .

I truely like it, i have a soft spot for bearded axes.

Heres one of my own, its modified by forging and grinding from some 40 year old axe head that was the all basic, square shaped boring chunk of steel.
View attachment 295865

You should send that ugly , unsanded ,unpolished hunk of steel up to me and I'll send you a nice factory made , sanded smooth , polished and painted one ...................Really .
One of the fellows I work with said similar. He wanted to trade me his beat up Swiss Army Issue Axe for this one! :msp_w00t:

Here's a video (just in case ya'll haven't seen it) from Neeman Tools entitled "The Birth of a Tool. Part I."

[video=vimeo;37360333]http://vimeo.com/37360333[/video]

Thanks! Here's another video by John Neeman himself forging an axe.

[video=youtube;b2lvCcMlPQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2lvCcMlPQE[/video]

Very impressive skills he has ,your very fortunate to own one of these

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like it was buried in the ground for 40 years and just dug up and wiped off. Hopefully it works well I guess?

watching the video, I was enjoying the forging parts, not a skill that I possess, and realized that when he had finished that portion, there was a great bit of time left. And then he started cutting and shaping the handle. As a woodworker, I really enjoyed that part as much as I did the forging. It looks like he probably makes his own beautiful draw knives, too. Wow.

Back