New "Big" Trees discovered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodturner2

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
It won't last long now that the Arborsite knows about it. Just kidding! It's like the lost world. How did that happen? Nice trees in the video! Thanks

Right off Hwy 58, the road I take to va bch. Next time, I might bring my canoe, and my big shot, and get up those things.

The only thing that bothers me is this; "No one knows the age of the Cypress Bridge trees. Scientist can check by drilling out small cylinders of wood and counting rings. That will be done here eventually.'

Why wound the tree just to satisfy idle curiosity?

VA has dedicated arborphiles. see treesvirginia.org

I woder what the development requirements are in this part of Va. Will they be afforded protection?

Amazing how little we know about our planet and surroundings!!!

Great Post.:blob2:

treeseer said:
Right off Hwy 58, the road I take to va bch. Next time, I might bring my canoe, and my big shot, and get up those things.

The only thing that bothers me is this; "No one knows the age of the Cypress Bridge trees. Scientist can check by drilling out small cylinders of wood and counting rings. That will be done here eventually.'

Why wound the tree just to satisfy idle curiosity?

VA has dedicated arborphiles. see treesvirginia.org
Most of those trees are likely to be hollow, thereby rendering the core sample useless. That is definitely an interesting story.

Latest posts

Back