New bug...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not far from us here in the eastern corner of Berks Co. I'm still trying to find good info on what it does to the the trees - all I can find is blather about the quarantine.

UGH!! Hope they can control this thing. How are these things getting over here??

i wondering if there is something with my cherry trees i have a few that all the sudden are dying like being attacked by a bug?

Oh man, that sucks.

Makes you wonder, all the various asian invasive bug species, how a single tree or bush or plant is even left in asia.

That is troubling. I just ordered 216 apple trees from Pennsylvania and they are going to be shipped in April of 2016.

Not far from us here in the eastern corner of Berks Co. I'm still trying to find good info on what it does to the the trees - all I can find is blather about the quarantine.
From what I gathered, its more of a decorative tree pest? I'm in northern Berks, just west of Centerport...at least I'll be hauling wood INTO the bad area!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

i wondering if there is something with my cherry trees i have a few that all the sudden are dying like being attacked by a bug?

They are getting some kind of disease here in the UP. Cain't remember what the USFS said it was but I think they are getting fungal infections an dying off.

Great.

The USDA just keeps on showing their worth, in allowing all of these in. God forbid they actually do their job, and irritate some importer.

Just looking over the fact sheet, the things should be vulnerable in the spring, to Imadaclorpid, Pyrethoids, and the milder Organophosphates.
I hope like hell Pennsylvania opts for quarantine and kill, instead of waiting for the useless feds to make a move.
The last several invasives are already pushing the tree fruit guys to the limits, and another would be too much.

The thing is, if they are in Pennsy, they are elsewhere in the region and just not identified yet, because no one was looking.
Spring Fruit grower meetings are going to be interesting.

What I found odd was the fact its not near anything...where did they come in? Its not like Berks is some huge shipping port.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

Great.

The USDA just keeps on showing their worth, in allowing all of these in. God forbid they actually do their job, and irritate some importer.

Just looking over the fact sheet, the things should be vulnerable in the spring, to Imadaclorpid, Pyrethoids, and the milder Organophosphates.
I hope like hell Pennsylvania opts for quarantine and kill, instead of waiting for the useless feds to make a move.
The last several invasives are already pushing the tree fruit guys to the limits, and another would be too much.

The thing is, if they are in Pennsy, they are elsewhere in the region and just not identified yet, because no one was looking.
Spring Fruit grower meetings are going to be interesting.
the usda,,run by our ex gov,,who didn't know his a#$, from a hole in the ground,,perfect for ovomits cabinet,,he just wants the office for his status.. hes worthless....

the PA dept of ag was looking into this bug 2-3 years ago. the plant inspector stopped one day while i was splitting wood and wanted to know if i had any walnut. all i had was some old dead stuff but he looked at it anyway. checked my ash wood too but gave me the all clear on selling. i sent him down the road to a place that was logging out walnut trees.
That is troubling. I just ordered 216 apple trees from Pennsylvania and they are going to be shipped in April of 2016.
c5, who did you order from? PA is pretty tough on inspections since we had plum pox several years ago.

well, the thing has wings so i doubt a quarantine of moving objects out of the county affected is going to do much good.
maybe a long cold spell will do the trick. but, if it hangs on stuff other than trees and lays it's eggs, then cars and trucks and trailers will be spreading it.

the PA dept of ag was looking into this bug 2-3 years ago. the plant inspector stopped one day while i was splitting wood and wanted to know if i had any walnut. all i had was some old dead stuff but he looked at it anyway. checked my ash wood too but gave me the all clear on selling. i sent him down the road to a place that was logging out walnut trees.

c5, who did you order from? PA is pretty tough on inspections since we had plum pox several years ago.

A very large nursery.

Back