New Company

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGrunt

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if you could give me some info. My brother and I started a tree trimming, firewood and tree removal business. We have our LLC and insurance and we were just wondering what we need to charge per hour. We have 4 saws a compact tractor and chipper shredder and a guy that will do the stump removal for us. We were thinking about charging sixty dollars an hour. Or should we not charger per hour and just charge by the job. Any help would be appreceated.

Arbor Pro explanation is great. I plan on going full-time next year and have spent the last year honing my bids to figure in all the costs. Now I want to add a chipper to my equipment. My suggestion is start with as little equipment as possible until you have steady work coming. I aim to make $70.00 an hour (which is what a business owner should make). Each bid is a guesstimate. The more you do the better your bids will be. I usually don't quote the price right on the job. Perhaps down the road I will. One last thing the $70 is your take home. I add on costs for gas, wear and tear, etc... The customer doesn't know what they are.

Back