New Cutting Area Less Than A Mile Away

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboy553

Oakaholic
Reaction score
Had a guy call me last night wanting to know if I would be interested in cleaning up his woods. Seems he acquired the adjoining lots to his homesite in a development nearby. Each lot is 5 acres.
I went out to look at them this morning and the trees are all red oak, nearly half of them on the one lot are dying or are already dead from oak wilt. Second lot is bad but not as bad as the first one. The following pics are all from the first lot.

I asked him where he got my phone number and he told me he is friends with the landowner where I normally cut and he "highly recommended me because I clean the joint up so nice"( his words, not mine lol)

So I pulled a waiver out of my truck, filled it out and we both signed it and off to cutting I went!
View attachment 260241
View attachment 260242
View attachment 260243
View attachment 260244
View attachment 260245

More to follow

Ted

Sounds like a sweet deal! Must feel good to get a rood recommendation from your other guy too. Thinking maybe he deserves a case of cold frosties...

Close to home, can't beat that! Nice of the first guy to recommend you, must be doing something right. :msp_thumbup:

Sounds like a sweet deal! Must feel good to get a rood recommendation from your other guy too. Thinking maybe he deserves a case of cold frosties...

You got it! Last night I took him 2 litres of his favorite liquid consumables! Just in time for his pre deer hunting opener bash this Friday night!

Ted

Ted,

Nice score! I can't remember, do you sell wood?

Yes, I do sell wood. Right around 100 cord/year.

Sure wish I could remember how to embed the pics. You showed me how once and dang if I didn't forget. I almost remember, but can't quite find that last trick to make em show up. Sux to get old I guess! :msp_confused:

Ted

Here's the second set (tryig to see the wood in the first set was like trying to find a lion in the deep grass of the savanna!)
260246d1351717675-wood-lot-006-jpg

260247d1351717677-wood-lot-007-jpg

260248d1351717678-wood-lot-008-jpg

260249d1351717679-wood-lot-009-jpg

260250d1351717681-wood-lot-010-jpg

Nice Score!! You earned it... Always pays to be nice to the landowners and clean up your mess. I was down by you last year and cleared out one lot. My guess is you could go from one place to another and never run out of wood. Lot of nice old oaks down your way and to find them close to home is a real plus. Lets hope for more of this nice weather.

Here's the second set (tryig to see the wood in the first set was like trying to find a lion in the deep grass of the savanna!)

Hey thanks for embedding the pics for me! Have some rep for that! Dang it, it wont let me. gotta spread it around I guess.

Yeah, some of them I have to hook on and drag them out of the brush, too thick to cut in there. Will get the bobcat over there one of these days and get after it. I kinda like to wait til the ground is froze though to drag them out. Less dirt on the logs that way.

I just hope the logs aren't as dangerous as that lion would be! hehheh

Ted

Last edited:
Nice Score!! You earned it... Always pays to be nice to the landowners and clean up your mess.

The landowner stopped by one day to tell me how it looked like a park out there. He was very happy with that. So, I had a little sign painted up by a friend who does that sort of thing. Sign says:
John Doe Park
Proudly Maintained by:
Quicksdraw McSaw and
Balsa Louie

Actual sign uses his name for the park, didn't want to put that out on here. I just tacked it to a tree in the woods without telling the owner. He stopped by about a month ago laughing, wondering where I got that sign. Of course, now he calls me Quicksdraw.

Ted

I guess you're not the only one getting old!

Yes, I do sell wood. Right around 100 cord/year.

Sure wish I could remember how to embed the pics. You showed me how once and dang if I didn't forget. I almost remember, but can't quite find that last trick to make em show up. Sux to get old I guess! :msp_confused:

Ted

You know, after being off of AS for a bit, been spending time on a couple of motorcycle forums, I had to review how to embed them too! :msp_ohmy: I guess you're not the only one getting old! But, I'm not as old! (so what's my excuse?!)

If you'd like a refresher, drop me a PM.

Great score and shows how extra effort cleaning up will pay off down the road.

You mentioned a "waiver". Could you post a copy of it? I have used them before but always as a 'hand scribbled one' on the spot.

Harry K

Great score and shows how extra effort cleaning up will pay off down the road.

You mentioned a "waiver". Could you post a copy of it? I have used them before but always as a 'hand scribbled one' on the spot.

Harry K

I used to clear lots for a builder who is no longer in business(imagine that!). He made up the waiver and I just used whiteout on his name, address and other pertinent stuff and had copies made. I don't have a printer on my laptop but will try taking a pic of one and then load that on the puter. If that doesn't work, will have to think of something else! lol

Ted

Nice score, Ted. Check my signature for a little help getting those pics to show.

Good luck hunting. The beady eyed horn wearing rats have been all over the roads the last few nights since the cold weather showed up. If insurance cos. were really smart, they'd charge a premium to guys like me that work 3-11 - hardly a night goes by this time of year I don't engage in some deer related braking on the way home.

2 weeks till "Holy Week" here on the other side of the river.

H-Ranch, always love the little extras that come with your pics!

Latest posts

Back