new Dolmar dealer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought this was mildly amusing.....
I was driving thru a town in my area and noticed a 'Dolmar' sign in the window of a lawn and garden eq. dealer. Since I have a Makita 6401, I thought I would check them out in case I ever need something. I asked the lady behind the counter about their Dolmar equipment. She said, " We just got the sign. Our first shipment will be here in a few days."
I glad I stopped. That was probably very encouraging for them.

They only need to keep 3 saws in stock, 401,5100,7900.

I would suggest stocking a broader mix of models as we have found that sometimes customers needs are different than other customers. We love the PS-3410th top handle saw and we sell several as well as PS-460's and PS-510's which are a great value saw with an alumnium crankcase. While I realize if money doesn't matter buy the PS-5100S but I've found that when money's involved people buy differently. We had a local rural Fire Department that had a Budget and we sold them two PS-460's, if we were not stocking these models we would have not made the sale. The same hold's true to PS-6400's and PS-7300's, we stock these for pricing reasons and they always seem to find a home. I agree that the 5100 and 7900 are a majority of our sales and the soon to be released 420 hopefully will add a homerun to the mix. Tony

Back