STIHL IS REDESIGNING ALL OF THEIR BARS! NEVER SEEN NEW SAWS!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is dead obvious that stylists have taken control of everything, pretty much.

Styling before function. Ridiculous

The nooks and crannies on most current model powersaws are dirt traps and a pita to clean.

Who needs a fancy paintjob on a bar? Someone who doesn't use their saw I guess. Dead giveaway...
Sorta Like Pinstripes on a car or truck. Automatic speeding tickets from the excessive Horsepower.

The design looks good on SOME new saws IMO, but I am pretty pissed when I couldn't get a regular Rollomatic E for my 015 and had to settle on a Light 04.

This is really gonna piss off the saw restoration boys...
You could probably find slightly old other style bars, but still new, on eBay, Craigslist, or Marketplace.

Well, I’m not happy with them going to that high of a percentage electric at all. Some electric stuff is good for small jobs IMO. I like my grandma’s electric push mower, leaf blower, chainsaw, and weed whacker; however, the weed whacker is the only one on that list acceptable for heavy long use IMO, she has 4 batteries to go around, all listed is ECHO brand. But I’ll never want electric vehicles or rider mowers. I’m trading Mr. Mesta here my Stihl 011 AVT that needs the carb rebuilt for his battery-powered Stihl GTA 26. I’m looking forward to that and will just use it for trimming stuff and I’ll take it out in the pastures when my grandma and I weed whack fencelines to cut down small brush. My grandma is also excited for it for the purpose of removing overgrown small brush off the fencelines. Otherwise, I’m more into gas and diesel stuff. I currently have 26 internal combustion engines at age 16 with no intention of stopping collecting them ever. I have a little electric Black+Decker weed trimmer which I like just for around the house and garden and small stuff.

You could probably find slightly old other style bars, but still new, on eBay, Craigslist, or Marketplace.
That's where I got the Light 04 for bar from. There's one dude that I specifically trust on eBay that I get most of my tools and bars and chains from. He is called seesawsrun.

Got no problem with the new graphics, I think they look good. Under the new paint those bars really look just like Oregon VersaCut. Anybody know?
I think that they look good too. The black ones I guess looks kind of cool. But the only ones that we've ever seen on saws are the Light 04's and 01's.

Well, I’m not happy with them going to that high of a percentage electric at all. Some electric stuff is good for small jobs IMO. I like my grandma’s electric push mower, leaf blower, chainsaw, and weed whacker; however, the weed whacker is the only one on that list acceptable for heavy long use IMO, she has 4 batteries to go around, all listed is ECHO brand. But I’ll never want electric vehicles or rider mowers. I’m trading Mr. Mesta here my Stihl 011 AVT that needs the carb rebuilt for his battery-powered Stihl GTA 26. I’m looking forward to that and will just use it for trimming stuff and I’ll take it out in the pastures when my grandma and I weed whack fencelines to cut down small brush. My grandma is also excited for it for the purpose of removing overgrown small brush off the fencelines. Otherwise, I’m more into gas and diesel stuff. I currently have 26 internal combustion engines at age 16 with no intention of stopping collecting them ever. I have a little electric Black+Decker weed trimmer which I like just for around the house and garden and small stuff.
The reason why I'm sending you a GTA 26 is because the larger Makita has fulfilled my needs better. Due the fact that it's made more for professional use. I also have a large brush cutter with a circular saw blade that I use a lot more than I use the GTA 26. It is a stellar machine for clearing saplings and thick brush.

That's where I got the Light 04 for bar from. There's one dude that I specifically trust on eBay that I get most of my tools and bars and chains from. He is called seesawsrun.
I’ve ordered from dozens of random eBay sellers with no problem buying engine parts. Seems to be a legit site with legit sellers. If you really wanted a normal bar I would take the risk.

The reason why I'm sending you a GTA 26 is because the larger Makita has fulfilled my needs better. Due the fact that it's made more for professional use. I also have a large brush cutter with a circular saw blade that I use a lot more than I use the GTA 26. It is a stellar machine for clearing saplings and thick brush.
Good points there.

Good points there.
But also, not everybody has the need to spend hundreds of dollars on a large bike handled brush cutter and get all of the different attachments for it. I only did so because a lot of my customers had overgrown backyards that need to be trimmed back at least once or twice yearly. I also use it twice annually to go out and mow the mountain bike trails that I ride on to help out with the local trail agency. If you're going to get a Makita chainsaw, I would really recommend the XCU06 switched to 1/4 Picco. I did the conversion on mine, and now it absolutely freaking rips. Just reach out to me to get the part numbers for the bar, chain, and sprocket because the standard ones do not all work interchangeably.

But also, not everybody has the need to spend hundreds of dollars on a large bike handled brush cutter and get all of the different attachments for it. I only did so because a lot of my customers had overgrown backyards that need to be trimmed back at least once or twice yearly. I also use it twice annually to go out and mow the mountain bike trails that I ride on to help out with the local trail agency. If you're going to get a Makita chainsaw, I would really recommend the XCU06 switched to 1/4 Picco. I did the conversion on mine, and now it absolutely freaking rips. Just reach out to me to get the part numbers for the bar, chain, and sprocket because the standard ones do not all work interchangeably.

Yeah, I do plan on buying a Makita like yours eventually and will probably keep the GTA 26 alongside it. I’ll keep that model and the 1/4 Picco in mind.

I still have two good 28 inch Rollo bars and several noses, I don't think Stihl is going to quit making the pro type stuff. If they do I will change over to Sugi. or Oregon... their loss, if enough people do it they will notice.

Your Echo's what?
How about my CS top handle and my 590 Timber Bear. One thing I will say about Echo saws and that is, every one of their bars have the ability to grease the roller noses, which I do, every time I use the saws. May buy a Echo straight shaft trimmer this spring as well as I can buy them at dealer cost now.

Your Echo's what?
How about my CS top handle and my 590 Timber Bear. One thing I will say about Echo saws and that is, every one of their bars have the ability to grease the roller noses, which I do, every time I use the saws. May buy a Echo straight shaft trimmer this spring as well as I can buy them at dealer cost now.

Pretty sure we all know about you.

You claim to be how old? And a number of years ago fuels prices were effecting you? From what you've claimed, you've only been driving for maybe 3 years so ....

but hey, good luck
I do know the back story. We talk outside of the fourm.

Back