New dump truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking truck, when you put sideboards on, go with two piece and pin the top one with a tractor type implement quick release type pin, makes it easier to pull off one the job site if you need a lower side height for loading.

Thanks Walt41. I'm not familiar with that item. Perhaps you have a pic/link. Quick and easy is what I'm looking for. My initial idea was to install the bulkhead and doors from the old log truck. View attachment 240033

Really nice looking truck. :rock:
240028d1338537224-100_2020web-jpg

Sweeet truck and set up on old log truck :rock: I saved that pict of removable boards all the way to floor of flatbed. Topkick? Those dealers must keep swimming pools full of gloss black paint lol

Treevet. Seems many dealers have a load of that shiney paint. The pic on internet didn't have the paint on the bed and tool box. It was on there when I went to pick it up. Not a long haul truck. Without a load it really beat me up driving from Detroit: 200 miles. The AC actually worked, though.

Very nice!

My old C65, 454 was a beast. I built mine up with a stake bed and only enclosed the front third of the top. I could blow chips into it and put a tarp over the remainder of the bed if I needed to. I could also pull one side of the stake bed off and side load it when I needed to.

Nice truck! Those things are beast. I have that old LN7000, never use it, but it runs like a dream, old 429 with big cam/flowmasters! Sounds like a muscle car. It has 4ft sides, I built a top so I could use it as a chipper truck, but it does not dump as high as a actual chipper truck, and the bed is old and nasty, chips dont wanna slide out. Always wanted to mill my own new deck boards, but not sure what wood to use. Think oak would look nice all stained and sealed.

Scott, I was having the same issue with mine. I've got a friend that owns an application business and his shop is right up the road from me. He sprays on all kinds of appplications at factories and manufacturers. He was telling me that he could spray the bed on mine with some type of application that would make the chips slide right out of the bed as well as protect it from rust. Said he could do the same thing to the chipper and it would reduce maintenance and prolong it's life. Not sure what he sprays but I know some major plants have him apply it to their machinery...

Might be worth looking into. I never did it though.

Thanks Walt41. I'm not familiar with that item. Perhaps you have a pic/link. Quick and easy is what I'm looking for. My initial idea was to install the bulkhead and doors from the old log truck. View attachment 240033

Check out Tractor Supply, they are in the back. I used to bolt everything together till I discovered all the specialty fasteners out there. For a bed coating, check out some of the specialty clear coats, they have come a long way from the days a paper towel could scratch them.

Latest posts

Back