New England Grows

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would have been taller, if SOMEONE hadnt told them to cut it down lower...... :monkey:

Was it Red MAple or Red Oak? I have bad vision and couldnt see the twigs, but the bark I thought was Red Oak.

That is funny, I was looking at the photo before I read OTG's post and thought "is that a red oak?" then looked a little closer and thought, "It's a red maple". With all the lichen it looks like it's from woods near the coast.

Couldn't make it this year, wanted to look at some Stihl saws. Sorry I missed OTG doing his demo and hanging around Shelter Tree's display. Next time.
-moss

Went on wed, pretty cool. Saw some good climbing demos with Michael Tain, Melissa Lavange and others, didn't learn too much I didn't already know. Gonna plan for all three days next year so i can hang with friends in Bos. I did get paid an 8 hour day to be there though!

House was there? That sucks that I mssed him! Hes a great guy and a Great Arborist, splicer, teacher.

It would have been taller, if SOMEONE hadnt told them to cut it down lower...... :monkey:

Was it Red MAple or Red Oak? I have bad vision and couldnt see the twigs, but the bark I thought was Red Oak.

I was there for the setup on saturday, they knocked about five feet off of the bottom to fit it into the stand and the base was covered in p.i.!

It was definately a red maple.

The co. I work for set it up, I wasnt there, figures we bring a tree in with PI all over it. :buttkick: From what I understand the tractor trailerdriver got a taste of Acer Rubrum :jester:

I TRIED to get him to cut more off of it, no dice.

Bad vision? You know what thats from right???:laugh:

Latest posts

Back