new find 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aftermarket and used parts for the 044/MS440 tend to be plentiful and reasonably priced: you should have absolutely no problem getting it back in top shape on a small budget.

update...I removed the wad of duct tape on the rear handle and it reveled a crack on the right edge of the foot pad....I figured the handle was broken through....so I think im gonna economize and do a repair of some kind there and install one of those al handle/tank protectors....I cleaned the air filter and ran it with fresh mix and idles nice in all positions so bought a new fuel line and filt and a drum rim kit as the old rim had worn into the drum hub clutch hub bearing too....might cut a bit with it tomorrow....im pretty stoked....I figure it was a trade in and the shop just never bothered with it.....till I spotted it! oh the life of a saw hound!

well fitted a bar and chain and cut some fire wood today with it....044 I get it! Have been running a 372 I built lately but been awhile since ive run a 70cc stihl last one was a 038mag..ran a tank though it gave it a little more fuel on the high side and let it rip! enjoyed running it glad I have it. Was a bit over bared at 25 in but still felt nimble. Gonna clean it up and replace the usual rubber stuff....

the can044 wood.jpg

Back