new fireplace or insert questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Im in process of getting a new insert installed and now the company is recommending I go with a fireplace install from securtiy chimneys dot com..

this model
BIS Traditionâ„¢ CE | Residential Fireplaces | Security Chimneys International

I told them my old regency was the same btu 55,000 but only for 1000 sq ft where this one is for 1500 sq ft.. how can that be hows that all work.. I guess is what I am asking..at 55,000 btu and 1000 sq ft of heat output it kept it 70 on single digit days now how would a same btu with more sq ft coverage do me any better.. what are things I need to be on look out for when purchasing my new fireplace or insert which ever I end up going back to.. thanks..

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

When we purchased our wood stove (installed it as a hearth mount into our fireplace) we were told to subtract 25% from any manufacturers sq. ft. heating statement. Example. Our Jotul Oslo is rated to heat 2,000 sq. ft. We don't heat our entire house during the winter (closed off two bedrooms) but we still heat around 1,500 sq. ft.

2,000 - 25% = 1,500 sq. ft.

We are doing very well heating/maintaining mid 70's inside when temps are in the teens outside.

Shari

ok well I do know I have a little over 1600 sq ft and high ceilings so I definately need at least a 2000 sq ft model.. has anyone heard of the fireplace I have linked above and what are your thoughts on it.. and now Im thinking of going with this one lil more money but will suffice for my heating needs and cut down on labor costs and install time as well...It was also suggested by the sales rep and its actually only 300 dollars more when you subtract one day from the original three days of installation and the fact it comes with a blower and dont have to buy one like I was going to have to do with the lennox performer c210 model I was looking at..thanks,

Latest posts

Back