New firewood tool/toy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbullet

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Picked this up today from a guy I work with. Gonna use it to get myself and my saw and other cutting tools into and out of the woods rather than walking in while my dad uses the diesel tractor to skid logs out. Looking forward to plowing with it too. The tires that are on it are coming off and going back to the guy I bought it from, and I'm putting Maxxis Bighorns on it instead. Its an 04 Grizzly 660 Mossy Oak Camo with 775 miles on it. 3000 lb winch, 54" plow, big wheel/tire kit, rack bag, heated grips/throttle.

GrizzlySide.jpg

GrizzlyFront.jpg

Looks like great 'wooder'

Per chance would finding the grizzly make you want to sell that Gravely rider in background ??

It's a Simplicity but its not mine. That is a picture the guy took and sent it to me before I bought it. So its his tractor and I highly doubt he'd sell it.

Nice machine! You'll like snow removal when you're "playing" while ya do it.

Don't plan on taking the plow to the woods with ya. Bad things happen when that low hanging frame catches on stumps and such. Don't ask me how I know...

Nice Machine! My father-in-law has the same ATV but a 700 with EPS, FI and the independent rear suspension. I fell in love with the power steering and my next machine will have it.

Yours probably at least has the independent rear, which you'll find is a back saver. If this machine has power steering, take some time and get used to it. Enjoy and be safe!!

Its a 660. No FI or EPS but it does have IRS.
I missed that in the first post.
Keep an eye on your oil, the 660's are all know to use some.
Check your valves,, or it will get hard to start cold.
A pain to adjust.
When you get it fully locked up you cant stop it!!!
Have 10k on my 03.
I have a service manual if you like, for an 03 but very few changes.
Bob

Picked this up today from a guy I work with. Gonna use it to get myself and my saw and other cutting tools into and out of the woods rather than walking in while my dad uses the diesel tractor to skid logs out. Looking forward to plowing with it too. The tires that are on it are coming off and going back to the guy I bought it from, and I'm putting Maxxis Bighorns on it instead. Its an 04 Grizzly 660 Mossy Oak Camo with 775 miles on it. 3000 lb winch, 54" plow, big wheel/tire kit, rack bag, heated grips/throttle.

GrizzlySide.jpg

GrizzlyFront.jpg

Congrats! It is a year senior to mine. You will enjoy it. However, to save you stress since you are a "flatlander" you would be happier to send me the snow plow.

And don't forget to send the heated grips too.

Complete with Utah desert camo.

100_2083-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

It is almost my right hand.

Kevin

Gonna get a 5x8 to tow it with the plow on it. we have a log arch for the diesel tractor (see pic below) so the quad won't be towing many logs. maybe one at the end of the day when I'm headed out of the woods.

Wood Hauler

IMG_0117.jpg

However, to save you stress since you are a "flatlander" you would be happier to send me the snow plow.

Maybe by your altitude standards, but around here I'm no flat lander. Far from it actually. My house sits at about 1200 feet above sea level. That's pretty damn good for NEPA. an having this and our diesel tractor for plow duty will really help cut down on the time to plow our driveway.

Maybe by your altitude standards, but around here I'm no flat lander. Far from it actually. My house sits at about 1200 feet above sea level. That's pretty damn good for NEPA. an having this and our diesel tractor for plow duty will really help cut down on the time to plow our driveway.

Good points. I could use the tractor too.

I live right at 4500' and we hunt up to 11,000' for fun and lung busting.

We have a family friend born in Bethlehem PA. She hates climbing with us.

sounds like a good story.

How do you know this Steve?

me said:
Don't ask me how I know...

Thought I said something like that, but since you're persistent and all:

I was out cruising firewood last winter, had just got 6" of snow and was too lazy to pull the plow off. I was off my main trail system chasing the not too elusive downed ironwood when WHAM! I went about halfway over the bars, the quad stopped dead, and a couple smaller kinda roundish body parts began to ache something fierce.

I'd found a 6" diameter stump under the snow with one of the crossbars on the lift frame. I had run through this area many a time sans plow and never noticed it. The saw did some stump shortening, the plow went back to the house and got pulled off, and I called this gal friend of mine for some help with my injuries. No wood (other than a small piece of stump) got cut that day.

Happy now? Just tellin the story makes me hurt. Perhaps some rep will help ease the pain :hmm3grin2orange:

Back