New from Italy (Rome)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscuro_Signore

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am (still) a chemistry student but also a plumber, carpenter, mason, electrician, photographer, computer technician and of course also the gardener of my ancient olive trees. What else? I can't remember now, it's 2:00 A.M. in Italy at the time I'm writing this. :)
From the list I miss being a mechanic, so I recently decided to start practicing by repairing the first chainsaw I bought a few years ago that has been sitting idle for a while (It's an MS180). I hope to learn more on this site :)

Best Regards

Welcome! I was in Rome a few years ago -beautiful city! I recently worked on a 170 and 181. Is there a particular problem with your saw? By the way, you seem to have a very good command of English.
Thank you :)

There are some differences on the service manual I found. Mine is a 2015 model and has a slightly different engine that uses a smaller spark plug. The original locking strip piston does not go through the hole and I can't find the part number. Maybe I should open a new thread and ask tho :)

Cheers

Welcome from Wisconsin. About 10 years ago I spent a month in Rome for work. Beautiful city we really enjoyed our visit. Had to have the gelato everyday was so good.

Check you message in-box. The smaller spark plug hole indicates it is a newer model. Be aware, if you use an adaptor to check compression, it MUST have the shrader valve in the end the screws into the spark plug hole. If not, the adaptor will increase the apparent combustion chamber volume and give low readings. There are also two versions of the rear/top cover and air filter housing - in case you need to get replacement parts. I had posted about this earlier.
https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/top-cover-for-a-stihl-ms180.367570/#post-8000802

Back