New guy here, been lurking for a while...time to post and get to know everyone!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pl_silverado

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've been browsing the forum for somewhere near a year now, and have decided to start contributing. The amount of knowledge and information i've gained through here is immense.

I just started heating my house with wood, and bought a used regency 2100 insert for $ 450....i'm now addicted and cringe when the oil burner kicks on, even if its for water..

Have been cutting mainly with an MS260, which is an awesome little saw even though some of you guys may think otherwise, however it was lacking in power when it came to cut some 30+ inch oak....so i decided to pick up an MS660. Got it about two weeks ago. I was contemplating a 460, but have been eyeing the 660 for a year now so i figured thats the way to go.

I consider myself a jack of all trades, currently working in the telecom industry, however i grew up wrenching and doing bodywork on cars. Also had a short stint where i worked in construction, aswell as an electrician. So pretty much, when it comes to getting anything done as far as the house and car go, i do it myself.

p807825788-5.jpg

Next step is to muff mod both saws :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
yup 3 saws every man should own at least once- 026 PRO, 046 MAG, 066 MAG. i just need the 046 to complete my 3 saw plan. fine saw choices brother, welcome!

Hi Greg, my name's Brad. I have CAD.:clap: Nice saws you've got there! Welcome to the forum.

Thank You. I read you do some mean porting work! You may be getting one of my saws in the future.

hi greg,
welcome aboard,,,
i'm right down the pike from you, in delco,,,
john

John,
Where abouts in Delco? I grew up in Media/Aston

Not much you can't handle with those saws. :chainsawguy:

Tim

I figured as much :bowdown:

yup 3 saws every man should own at least once- 026 PRO, 046 MAG, 066 MAG. i just need the 046 to complete my 3 saw plan. fine saw choices brother, welcome!

Thank You. I'd like to pick up a 460 whenever the funds allow for it, but for now it is what it is!

Welcome. Nice country over your way...Bob

Thank You!

Welcome to the many different opinions forum!!!

Awesome 2 saw plan, nothing like a 260 for small and 660 for big...;)

I've been browsing the forum for somewhere near a year now, and have decided to start contributing.
Next step is to muff mod both saws :hmm3grin2orange:

Welcome to the site, like Brad said, pretty much ALL of us have C.A.D, you'll get it too!:hmm3grin2orange:
Do the MM's, you'll love it!

moda3.JPG

saws1.JPG

Muff mods are easy and pay off big time, on both saws. Lost of info, just use the search.

Nice saws Brother...good start on your CAD...

Soon you will need a 200T and an 880 to bookend that pair...:cheers:

Thank you,

And way ahead of you, i already searched and read through lots of info on modding both saws....waiting until i get a few more tanks of fuel thru the 660 (only 3 tanks so far), and then i'm going to order a tach and get to work!

I'm looking for a used stock 660 muffler that i can mod, if anyone has one laying around.

Welcome, now down to business. The two saw plan is already old, lets discuss the three saw plan. (a.k.a. the next step in CAD). I vote for a top handle (200T) or a 70cc, and since you can bridge the gap between the 260 and 660, I vote for the 441. Let the games begin.:cool:

Right up in Pottstown, hope to see you around.

Brian

Back