New Guy saying hi

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnus

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hi all, glad to have stumbled on this site. i look forward to learning allot from all of you.

i bought my first chainsaw two years ago, a Stihl MS 180, having never used a chainsaw in my life.

i moved to the Azores, and began the rebuilding of an abandoned 5 acre fruit farm. got it for 5000 USD, but there was over 50 years of jungle covering it.

check out my blog if interested.

http://magnusandkonswan.blogspot.com/

anyway, now i have tons of Acatia, Cryptomeria, and Eucalyptus wood lying all over the place. only solution is to buy a bigger saw and a Logosol Big Mill Basic.

the last trees standing are more than a metre/yard in diameter and my little 180 is tough on these.

photo
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/60gUN-MvLBvPauUMDVK_-Q?feat=directlink

60gUN-MvLBvPauUMDVK_-Q

take care,
Magnus

Welcome to the site!!!

Lots of good readin and people on here...I got into millin last year and love it....

Welcome aboard Magnus!
As others have said, you'll find many helpfull folks on here. Im a relative new guy to milling also. All kinds of helpfull info on this forum. If you can't find it here, you probably can't find it anywhere:)
I see you mentioned a big mill basic, Thats what I use also. Most here use the Alaska type mill, but there all basicly different ways to guide your chainsaw through the log. The really big stuff that Aggiewoodbutchr and BobL, and few others do, are in class by themselves. In any case, I see a larger saw in your future!! LOL:)

Gregg,

Hi Magus, I had a look at the pics, love the pirate dog!!

Yeah - you'll probably kill that saw working those big trees.

That terraced farming looks like hard work! but probably no harder than CS milling.

Thanks

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I just ordered my Stihl 660 with 50cm bar.

Now I will order the Logosol and wait a few months for the boat to arrive.

Lots of questions coming, but I will start a new thread.

my friend has several bars up to a metre that i can borrow.

this is the only bar length available in PT unfortunately. i do my best.

Back